Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 161 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why everyone is so worked up about your info. It's just info, right or wrong. Just like theirs. Btw who is the next target? I'll admit it's sort of the quirkiness of what you do, you don't generally opine broadly on a bunch but more one by one.
^^^^ This 100%...people are getting way to worked up...Jake, Francis, Cuseman, dash,13...all data points...and those data points may or may not be subject to change based on a boatload of variables...and multiply that by a factor of 10 when talking about 16, 17 and 18 year old kids...some people need to recalibrate their thinking because getting butthurt over insiders or their data points is a waste of energy...and my own opinion no one kid makes or breaks a program...if we lose on QG...wish the 18yr old kid luck and move the heck on..as others have stated, there is a damn nice team playing this year..Go Cuse!

First of all, the Syracuse location is irrelevant. As someone else pointed out Lawrence, Kansas and Lansing, Michigan say hello. Also, SO many players from outside of the metro area have gone to Storrs, CT past and present. It is just an uphill battle to go directly against Kentucky, Duke, and Arizona specifically right now in a recruiting battle.

Cal is a douche and you might be right about him BUT his system works. It is quite easy to see why a stud recruit who wants attention and who wants to play with most likely the BEST talent for a year would pick UK. Regardless of WWW. As far as coaching goes; Cal does not necessarily develop them beacuse generally they are already advanced and ready for the draft. But, there is no doubt in my mind he can coach. ANY player, coach, scout, GM will tell you that. He gets them to sacrifice their stats, play unselfish ball, and play hard. He is good team shrink as well, imo. Of course there is that hoopla around the draft that some recruits like. Him being there, the hugs, support, etc. If Quade does pick UK, it simply means to me that he wants to play with better talent, wants attention and/or the loot, and likes Cal better. It's kinda simple actually to understand. Quade is more of the douche not Cal for not being as loyal as we thought to Syracuse.
Agreed. I wish we had a system and recruited like UK. I suspect since we're a private school that the NCAA would not allow it but nonetheless, I'm not hating on Cal for trying to make his team better. This would all be on our coaching staffs recruiting techniques and Quade himself should he choose UK in the last minute after they could care less about him for years.

Location is not a thing. We're pretty close to basketball recruiting hot beds compared to some of these other random backwoods areas good recruiting schools are located in.

I would like to see how he does with 3 star recruits!!!! And with the talent he gets, he should win it all every other year.
Why would anyone wonder how he does with 3 star recruits? Most teams don't do well with them. We rarely recruit 3 stars.

I would like to see how he does with 3 star recruits!!!! And with the talent he gets, he should win it all every other year.

In theory I sort of agree but there are lots of variables. I don't think JB for instance could handle dealing with all of these primadonas like Cal can. I think Cal is a better team shrink for these types of players. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think just ANY coach can go out there with all of that media attention/scrutiny/limelight and make it work in Lexington ON the court.

he was wrong about Randolph to wake. And with one of those two you give him credit for, he kept saying it would be this week as it dragged on. As for me, I have never said it was done to Kentucky. My information was as of Thursday and at that time i was told that it looked bleak for us but that we were still trying. I know nothing of a signed LOI that was already sent. My main point is that if O13 says that Green is ours and always has been, he is 100% wrong. That is a fact. for all I know, he could have switched back. It doesn't look like that but I hope he did.
I know what went on this week and it wasn't good for us.

100% correct. He was ours until Quade met a certain someone at MSG. Things changed after that and our coaches aren't too happy.

Orangeman13 said:
Bees was trying to tell me it's on the west side of the dome. Is it possible I can pull up and say hi to everyone? Am I welcome there?

Nah, there's no place just to pull over. Just park wherever you're gonna park and walk over. I gave you the map. And yes you're welcome. Hell, we had RutgersAl come to two tailgated. We don't bite. Lol.

Last edited:
Okay, to really muddy the waters, I have now heard that it could be us tonight. Still not quite 50% but according to my source who "really " knows the situation, it wouldn't be a total surprise if he picked us. We have made up some ground since Thursday. I don't know about the LOI. Never did. We have had a lot of f'ed up situations in the last year. This one takes the cake. I honestly don't know what to think.

Okay, to really muddy the waters, I have now heard that it could be us tonight. Still not quite 50% but according to my source who "really " knows the situation, it wouldn't be a total surprise if he picked us. We have made up some ground since Thursday. I don't know about the LOI. Never did. We have had a lot of f'ed up situations in the last year. This one takes the cake. I honestly don't know what to think.

Haha, amazing. What a freakin circus... I will in some morbid sort of way, be disappointed when this is all over...

He did pretty well at UMass with 3 stars and less.

lmao

Really interested to see where the staff goes from here. Not much left besides a scrap pile at this point. :(

Nah, there's no place just to pull over. Just park wherever you're gonna park and walk over. I have you the map. And yes you're welcome. Hell, we had RutgersAl come to two tailgated. We don't bite. Lol.
Ok, I will be back on campus by 2:30

O13 is perhaps the most epic poster that Syracusefan.com has had (I wasn't around for JohnSyracuse)

image.gif

If O13 is right tn, we should pick up his bar tab

If not, it will be interesting to see all the pitchforks

I really want to know who is the pulling the strings on this thing. It's a masterpiece of misdirection all around no matter what you believe the truth is.

I still say it's SU why change my mind now. No real inside info before anyone asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.