Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 162 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone PM me exact location of tailgate and how I can identify you guys?

I don't want to walk up to the wrong party lol

Okay, to really muddy the waters, I have now heard that it could be us tonight. Still not quite 50% but according to my source who "really " knows the situation, it wouldn't be a total surprise if he picked us. We have made up some ground since Thursday. I don't know about the LOI. Never did. We have had a lot of f'ed up situations in the last year. This one takes the cake. I honestly don't know what to think.
200.gif

Orangeman13 said:
Ok, I will be back on campus by 2:30

That all be too late. Game is at 330. People start leaving the tailgate at 230-3. Maybe another time.

O13 is perhaps the most epic poster that Syracusefan.com has had (I wasn't around for JohnSyracuse)
yep O13 is your man..He's not sitting on the fence ..Dasher be like .."he will pick UK, but he could pick Cuse".haha

Really interested to see where the staff goes from here. Not much left besides a scrap pile at this point. :(

Hopefully Matt Coleman. But that's like the chick you didn't want to bone because she was too thick but now she drops the weight and is all hot.

Okay, to really muddy the waters, I have now heard that it could be us tonight. Still not quite 50% but according to my source who "really " knows the situation, it wouldn't be a total surprise if he picked us. We have made up some ground since Thursday. I don't know about the LOI. Never did. We have had a lot of f'ed up situations in the last year. This one takes the cake. I honestly don't know what to think.

Now, the Tobias Harris announcement ... that really took the cake.

He even brought his own cake. :p:cool:

Orangeman13 said:
Could someone PM me exact location of tailgate and how I can identify you guys? I don't want to walk up to the wrong party lol

Dude, I sent you the map. It's the fine lot.

When we were recruiting Julius Hodge, I loved him as a prospect and a person. When he committed to NCST, I instantly hated his guts and prayed he would be stricken with exploding diarrhea for the rest of his life.

I currently love Quade Green as a prospect and a person.......

When we were recruiting Julius Hodge, I loved him as a prospect and a person. When he committed to NCST, I instantly hated his guts and prayed he would be stricken with exploding diarrhea for the rest of his life.

I currently love Quade Green as a prospect and a person....
I could name a child after him orrrrrrr...

Here's the problem: Syracuse is in Syracuse. I love my hometown but the first 3 rules of recruiting are location , location, location. And most high school graduates think Syracuse has none of the 3. If location wasn't a factor, Cuse would be pulling in top 5 classes year in year out, no problem. But we ain't. And with everything else Syracuse has to offer we should be.

It's ridiculous that we have to work this hard for one 5 star recruit, just to miss him. We have no choice to, in most cases, take the kids that want to be here who don't also have offers to Duke, KY, Kansas, NC, and this year ...AZ.

I've been to Durham and that place makes Syracuse look like Oz. Outside of the Duke campus that town is a wasteland.

It's clear to me programs are using JB's pending retirement against us. JB has never consistently gotten 5 star recruits and I think outside of this year this has always been typical of our classes. This year we really were chasing the big boys.

I don't care what anyone saids, there is no way in hell we should be losing Q. Green. He's been ours for probably a year anyways, maybe not verbally but you could tell by how much SU have been there to see him or he came here.. To lose him would be the worst job of recruiting in school history.

Last edited:
I don't know What Green will do, but I do know that Cal has a PC every signing period to discuss the new signees. He hasn't had that yet this period, so that leads me to believe he hasn't gotten all the signatures yet, or in this case, one of the kids hasn't made his announcement yet.

dasher said:

Okay, now even I'm laughing.

This guy...
In fairness, I don't know how old O13 is but younger millennials don't use maps. I'm 32 and even I haven't looked at a map in my life. We just drop pins.

That being said, this is Syracuse, not Death Valley. It shouldn't be hard to find a tailgate.

Lol. Have you slept since the election?

I haven't posted about Quade in awhile, just been sitting back reading all the posts. I will say this though, and I have said it many times before, Quade's main goal has always been to get to the NBA. He also wants to take care of his mother. Quade is going to go wherever he feels he can do that the fastest. I'm telling you right now, Quade is getting a bag wherever he decides to go! No questions. So either Syracuse is giving him a bag or Kentucky is giving him a bag, or whoever but he is getting a bag. His mother posted online a few days ago telling people to come out to see Quade sign and many people were posting schools where they want him to go. Not that this means anything but there were schools that she didn't hit "like" on, such a Villanova and there was another school she did hit like on, which was Kentucky. Again not that it means anything but I just thought that was interesting. I also think that Tyus Battle will be back next year and him and Howard are going to start. JB is giving Battle the same treatment that he did to Dion Waiters and Michael Carter-Williams. It's still early but it looks like JB is not going to let Tyus Battle break loose this year and display what he could really do and he is going to rations his minutes. I know we have a good team but I know Kid Mamba diserves more time on the hardwood. AW3 is really good but he hunts points. Even at the end of the game yesterday he was taking poor shots when we didn't even need to shoot because he was trying to get his points up after cooling off in the 2nd half. I like the fact that AW3 is aggressive and that's great when the shots fall but I do think at times he's out there point hunting. I bring that up because again I think because of this situation Battle can't display what he really could do to the fullest and therefore will be back at school next year. Battle and Howard start next year and meanwhile Kentucky sends more kids to the NBA draft next year allowing more kids to come right in to fill their spots. Kentucky is an NBA factory and I think that might be too much for Quade to pass up. I could be wrong though, we will all find out soon.

Last edited:
I would like to see how he does with 3 star recruits!!!! And with the talent he gets, he should win it all every other year.

Jarrod Polson and Josh Harrellson say Hello. If you don't know who they are, then that just proves my point for me.

Josh Harrellson 3*, Cal got him to the league and now he plays professionally overseas. He was never considered an NBA prospect until Cal transformed his game.

Jarrod Polson was a walk-on Point Guard that was thrust into the starting rotation when we lost a 5* PG and our backup plan was terrible. He played a total of 66 games over his final two season and ran Cal's system well. He never had a shot at the league and Cal turned him into a legitimate starting PG.

And to answer your NC slight, I would suspect that you would understand that NCAA BB has the toughest championship to win out of any of the major sports in America. It takes a fair amount of chance to even make it to the FF and all it takes is one bad shooting night against a fired up underdog to be taken down.

Getting to the FF is the equivalent to most leagues championships and if you go by those standards I like our success rate. If championships are your standard for success rates then as a fan it must be very frustrating. In our sport getting to a FF is a career maker and since Cal has been at UK nobody has done it better.

In 7 years, not even Duke can claim these numbers:

1 NC
1 Runner Up
4 FF's
5 EE's

Cal's one bad year was 2013 NIT year. Even last year wasn't bad, we just ran into a fired up IU team early in the tournament. So, I'll take his accomplishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.