Class of 2019 - PG/SG Addison Patterson (CN/BellaVistaAZ) to Oregon | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG/SG Addison Patterson (CN/BellaVistaAZ) to Oregon

In all fairness to Mike Mennenga he has spent more time in Toronto in his career than every other assistant coach in the country combined. He is from the Buffalo area (90 minute drive) and has recruited low major, mid major, and now high major players from the same 5 canadian AAU programs for nearly 20 years. He has worked out Toronto Raptors in the summer when between jobs and doesn't have a "relationship" with coaches around here. He is in their wedding parties. It's a very different relationship than anyone else has. I can't speak about non Canadians and how he gets those kids but I can tell you he is going to continue to get more Canadians than anyone else for a long long time.

In all fairness to Mike Mennenga he has spent more time in Toronto in his career than every other assistant coach in the country combined. He is from the Buffalo area (90 minute drive) and has recruited low major, mid major, and now high major players from the same 5 canadian AAU programs for nearly 20 years. He has worked out Toronto Raptors in the summer when between jobs and doesn't have a "relationship" with coaches around here. He is in their wedding parties. It's a very different relationship than anyone else has. I can't speak about non Canadians and how he gets those kids but I can tell you he is going to continue to get more Canadians than anyone else for a long long time.
Lets steal him from Oregon when JB retires!

Didn't we recruit him for a while out of HS? He's the number 1 JUCO kid. I guess there really was something there. The board was not thrilled when his name was being chatted about a few years back, as he was definitely under the radar at the time. I guess the coaches saw his potential.
Yes we did recruit him in high school but backed off because there were academic issues in terms expectations he wouldn’t get through ncaa clearinghouse, which is why he went JUCO.

D1E22B28-AA9D-4687-BE67-4DB631B3B5F3.jpeg

One of the most promising guards/wings in the 2019 class. Ends up going to Oregon. Decides to transfer after his freshman year to Nevada...

Leaves the Nevada programs and ends up at a JuCo in Salt Lake...

As of last month he was still playing JuCo...
Now, he is off that roster as well. Quite a fall for this young man.

One of the most promising guards/wings in the 2019 class. Ends up going to Oregon. Decides to transfer after his freshman year to Nevada...

Yeah, that sucks. He is so good. It's likely only one of the blue bloods would be able to get him eligible.

Yeah, that sucks. He is so good. It's likely only one of the blue bloods would be able to get him eligible.
True.

I didn't realize that Salt Lake CC is the #1 JuCo in the country.

Once again, Syracuse was fortunate not to sign a player that they believe they wanted. Addison Patterson’s story is not that uncommon. Not every basketball player makes it through a year let alone 4 years with the team they sign with. Now days with the transfer portal, there is more movement with players transferring between schools without the guarantee that they will do better. It is really a crapshoot. Just like normal students, there is no rhyme and rhythm that anyone person will make it through 4 years and graduate or transfer from/quit college prior to graduation for a wide range of reasons.