Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

You guys so psyched to insert Chukwu in the lineup watch him last season?

To be fair he was playing blind...

But even then id probably start Moyer at the 4 and Thompson at the 5.

To be fair he was playing blind...

But even then id probably start Moyer at the 4 and Thompson at the 5.

I didn't mean to come off like I was ripping that poster. It's just that a lot of people seem so confident that PC is going to be a big contributor next year. I hope it happens but we certainly got little reason for optimism last season.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to come off like I was ripping that poster. It's just that a lot of people seem so confident that PC is going to be a big contributor next year. I hope it happens but we certainly got little reason for optimism last season.
I agree. I am really hoping it was his eye, because his play was a let down.

I really don't know much about Pc's game at all, have barely seen him play, but bigs do take longer to develop, I wouldn't give up on him yet.

You guys so psyched to insert Chukwu in the lineup watch him last season?

He played with one eye last season. Let him get healthy before writing him off.

And why is Duval being discussed again?

He played with one eye last season. Let him get healthy before writing him off.

And why is Duval being discussed again?

Why is PC being discussed again in the Duval thread?? :noidea:

I have no clue why anybody keeps bumping these threads on players we are absolutely, positively NOT GETTING.

(and yes - I see the irony in my replying here doing so yet again for this one:p)

I'm confident in 2 players right now and that's it. But you have to start 5 don't you?

I brought up Duval to ask why we shouldn't try to get back in the mix. We have a history with him. It's April and he's undecided. Maybe he doesn't like any of the schools he has left. Lance Stephenson waited so long a few years ago the only offer/interested he had left was Cinci so he just wound up going there.

Even less time for JT. This one was inevitable, but just makes no sense for JT. He may be the .5 off the bench if he's lucky. Could have been the 35 mins starting. Oh well, let's get GT, and Marek.

If he can shoot it as well as people say I'm sure K will find minutes for Jordan Tucker.

Imagine if they some how snag Bamba from UK. Not so many minutes to go around.

I need to see Duke figure out how to be consistently legit with the Kentucky model before I fear their "reloaded teams".

We said this same stuff about them last year.
All freshman 5 star teams may work in the SEC but it wont fly in the ACC. I dont even want to hear anything about the ACC being overrated. Florida and South Carolina had great years but the ACC schedule cant be compared to.

All fun and games until Tyus Battle becomes a lottery pick after dropping 35 in a W at Cameron. Im screenshotting this post for future gloating.

He may but I wonder if the rest of his teammates could score more than 25.

I think Taurean Thompson with a year under his belt and some added muscle is gonna be a bit to handle for any freshman big in the league. An inexperienced team having to keep tabs on two scoring threats as dynamic as those two will open up looks for other players. Hopefully Moyer and Brisset have some big cajones.

OB, MM, TT can easily put up 30 a game between them. Frank will improve, and HW can shoot. We will see on Sidibe, and PC. Really need Thorpe. He can be a 40% 3 point shooter. We will be fine scoring, and our D should be better. Thorpe, and Marek and we are in the Tourney with a great foundation.

LOL, right now I could see Tyus and Taurean both putting up 20 shots a game. We will have to see how the roster rounds out but yeah not a lot of proven scoring coming back other than those 2. Lots of questions and you can't expect all of them to wind up with positive answers. I really like most of our players its the way they form or do not form a team that has me worried a bit.

OB, MM, TT can easily put up 30 a game between them. Frank will improve, and HW can shoot. We will see on Sidibe, and PC. Really need Thorpe. He can be a 40% 3 point shooter. We will be fine scoring, and our D should be better. Thorpe, and Marek and we are in the Tourney with a great foundation.
I want Waters and I think he wants us by including us in discussions without having been contacted. I think he is ranked higher than JT and we ignore him

I think Taurean Thompson with a year under his belt and some added muscle is gonna be a bit to handle for any freshman big in the league. An inexperienced team having to keep tabs on two scoring threats as dynamic as those two will open up looks for other players. Hopefully Moyer and Brisset have some big cajones.
Has taurean actually put weight on?

I want Waters and I think he wants us by including us in discussions without having been contacted. I think he is ranked higher than JT and we ignore him

Waters decommitted to Gtown, dropped a bunch of name schools that were "interested in him" although they were not. Were is he now? I think he's back down to Gtown and Creighton or something. Sometimes there are very good reasons we aren't involved.