Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

Dionesc
Exactly who I think of. Every time I've seen him play, he attacks the basket. He can shoot from anywhere on the court, but it seems he tries to get the best possible shot. Will work in the lane if it's there, then work outward if he's given space.

Nicer looking shot than Dion, great handle for a sophomore, and better PG skills. Definitely elite level recruit. Hope we can reel him in! Love how poised he seems with the ball, oozes natural basketball athleticism. Thanks for posting the video link.

Exactly who I think of. Every time I've seen him play, he attacks the basket. He can shoot from anywhere on the court, but it seems he tries to get the best possible shot. Will work in the lane if it's there, then work outward if he's given space.
Duval is a must get, especially if we don't get Battle.

Highlight mix of the work Duval put in this past weekend. GMac was front and center for those games.
I know its just a one minute highlight tape, but I feel like this kid isn't just a great athlete. He seems to have a solid basketball iq and made some very heady plays in that clip. Put me in the camp that wants him in Orange.

Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein · 6m6 minutes ago
Buy stock in 2017 PG Trevon Duval (WE R 1, St. Benedict's). Mature beyond his years, great feel, and terrific size for a PG (6-3).

Oh snap, Rothstein is excited!!!!! Duval will probably be a 7'1 PG by the time he hits a college campus and he checks him out again.:rolling:

Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein · 6m6 minutes ago
Buy stock in 2017 PG Trevon Duval (WE R 1, St. Benedict's). Mature beyond his years, great feel, and terrific size for a PG (6-3).

Oh snap, Rothstein is excited!!!!! Duval will probably be a 7'1 PG by the time he hits a college campus and he checks him out again.:rolling:

Good call on Duval, Francis. I'm with you...this kid is Special. I think he is, or will be, better than any of the guards we are currently involved with.

Duval kick ass sessions from this weekend. Nice to see him improving on the long range shots because that was one of his flaws when watching him before that he needed to improve. This recruitment will be a big test for GMac to see if he can pull in a 5 star big dog like this as the lead recruiter. A lot of the youngins on the circuit have taken a liking to GMac behind the scenes. Lets hope that can translate into closing on players like this.

This recruitment will be a big test for GMac to see if he can pull in a 5 star big dog like this as the lead recruiter. A lot of the youngins on the circuit have taken a liking to GMac behind the scenes. Lets hope that can translate into closing on players like this.

Color me unimpressed with GMac's recruiting ability so far. He wasn't hired away from another program because of his resume. And if he doesn't pan out, in this type of situation it becomes very difficult to show a fellow alum the door. Look how long it took for JB to part ways with Reverend Louis Orr.

Color me unimpressed with GMac's recruiting ability so far. He wasn't hired away from another program because of his resume. And if he doesn't pan out, in this type of situation it becomes very difficult to show a fellow alum the door. Look how long it took for JB to part ways with Reverend Louis Orr.
Louis Orr went to Seton hall and was successfull until the idiots there got rid of him. Orr left syracuse on his own terms . also Seton Hall hasn't made the tourney since he left .

Last edited:

So you aren't high on Moyer? Who do you think is the primary recruiter there?

JB "Parted ways" with Orr when he took the head job with Siena in 2000.

Not sure why people pop off when it's so easy to check facts.

Gerry really hasn't been Recruiting any primary targets until very recently if you follow our recruiting. Hop has been the lead on most and Red has started to hit the guys where he has connections. Gerry had a couple years to get his sea legs on the recruiting circuit and then we landed Moyer who Gerry was the lead guy on. I have heard good things about Gerry's potential as a recruiter of late and obviously time will tell but he's off to a good start IMO. Orr wanted to be a head coach which was why he left.

Wow this kid will be a stud! Getting Battle from NJ probably couldn't hurt the PR that it will generate towards Mr. Duval. The staff is right, he will be a D. Rose clone.

Last edited: