Class of 2023 - PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Trey Autry (Jamesville-Dewitt / OH) Verbal to George Washington

I think Trey is going to be a great college player. He is built like a grown man already. He looks like a Baylor guard. He can shoot and he is a natural leader.

Need to aim higher.
Always aim higher, but I think Trey, as an upper classman, is going to be exactly the player we’ve been hoping for. I could be wrong, it happens often.

Couldn’t trey come for free (or close to it)? Adrian’s been an SU employee for over 10 years now.

And away we go...
Im not sure why he needs to prove himself. If he doesn’t take a scholarship, he only needs to be better than our walk on players to be of service to the team. I’m not sure what the “argument” is?

Of course, All of that is irrelevant if he prefers to go elsewhere.

Im not sure why he needs to prove himself. If he doesn’t take a scholarship, he only needs to be better than our walk on players to be of service to the team. I’m not sure what the “argument” is?

Of course, All of that is irrelevant if he prefers to go elsewhere.

The argument is whether or not Red should pay for part of his tuition and room & board.

Or did you forget 4 years worth of "Buddy doesn't need a scholarship because he can go here for free" posts?

Because Trey can't come here for free (or close to free).

The argument is whether or not Red should pay for part of his tuition and room & board.

Or did you forget 4 years worth of "Buddy doesn't need a scholarship because he can go here for free" posts?
I don’t recall whether there was clarity about whether buddy was entitled to attend for free? I’m not advocating red go into his pocket or use a Schollie he’d prefer to award another.

My only point is if treys eligible to attend for free and not waste a schollie, that’s a great value add.

And away we go...
I was thinking the same thing. I think we should

If he isn’t worth of one of the 13 scholarships, then he should not come here. I think we’ll play more guys, but 13 guys is plenty. It’s almost impossible to keep that many guys happy, as it is.

I don’t recall whether there was clarity about whether buddy was entitled to attend for free? I’m not advocating red go into his pocket or use a Schollie he’d prefer to award another.

My only point is if treys eligible to attend for free and not waste a schollie, that’s a great value add.

Trey would get discounted tuition, but unless he's planning on living at home with Mom & Dad, he would still have to pay room and board.

95% off tuition so you pay for the other 5%. Also have to pay for room, board, fees, books, etc.

Let's wait and see how he does, right now Red doesn't need to have his son on the team this year.
Yeah I would agree. We just went through this and people want to go through this again? Red has enough on his plate jumpstarting his program. Bringing his son in would immediately be a headwind both for recruiting, portal and current team. Let his son establish his name and reputation.

95% off tuition so you pay for the other 5%. Also have to pay for room, board, fees, books, etc.
I have a foggy recollection that for recruited players the NCAA could say the walk on thing is a sham and count him as a scholarship player. Could be wrong

I have a foggy recollection that for recruited players the NCAA could say the walk on thing is a sham and count him as a scholarship player. Could be wrong
I am pretty sure he would be counted against the scholarship limit.

Pound him later
netflix-losing-the-office-00.jpg