PGA championship thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PGA championship thread

Koepka birdies the first 2 holes - this guy is unreal
I was sitting at 2 when they came through. I’m sure he’s loving life but he’s barely even cracked a smile. Dude is in the zone.
D63B7EC9-A6E9-4298-9F88-C552E7154174.jpeg

Tiger better get his butt in gear to make the cut. CBS is probably crapping their pants right now.

Tiger better get his butt in gear to make the cut. CBS is probably crapping their pants right now.

Even if he does his round will be done by the time CBS gets on the air. Nice break for TNT however (assuming they are the early time provider)

Koepka is the definition of a meathead.
He is a machine and hasn’t said an interesting thing in his career.

That isn’t a bad thing either.

Oh, come on, man. Koepka is no extrovert, but that doesn't make him a "meathead." Golf is full of in-game adjustments, and meatheads don't make them the way they must to win at that level. I think NailstheCusefan12 "nailed" it: he's just really dialed in, and that's a fantastic skill to have. Both Nicklaus and Tiger had that.

Last edited:

And they're still crapping them today, LOL! Not only is Tiger gone, Speith is on wobble control, and BK is threatening to remove the contest from the next two days. I love it. No more Tiger scratches his nose, Tiger hitches his belt, Tiger walks to the next tee, Tiger this, Tiger that ... LOL! Come on Daniel Berger!

And they're still crapping them today, LOL! Not only is Tiger gone, Speith is on wobble control, and BK is threatening to remove the contest from the next two days. I love it. No more Tiger scratches his nose, Tiger hitches his belt, Tiger walks to the next tee, Tiger this, Tiger that ... LOL! Come on Daniel Berger!

at least 50% of the fans have less interest now.

Yep. I'll still watch a good chunk of it because watching Brooks play this well is fun and I'm interested to see if Jordan can make a run, but they lost a lot of casual viewers.

It’s amazing how much of a machine Koepka has become in these majors.

Off to a hot start. -6 playing with Tiger and Molinari.

Tiger is tied for 15th at E thru 14.

He the T-1000 to Tiger's T-800 and the reason roid boy won't catch Jack

I get that, and no Sergio, either! :D

edit: I invariably pull for an American to win these events, but I wouldn't feel badly if Adam Scott did.

Last edited:
Koepka is showing signs of being human. This might get interesting after that wayward tee shot

I am gonna go out on a limb and say this is the last we’ll see of the “blimp cam”. It is totally ineffective & impossible to follow.

Koepka is showing signs of being human. This might get interesting after that wayward tee shot

This could be the quickest I've ever been made to look like a total idiot on a post

Last edited:
Well this things over. For some reason this championship just doesn’t excite me much ever.

This could be the quickest I've ever been made to look like a total idea on a post
Complete lack of self awareness.

Is that also the 1st time you actually read 1 of your posts?

I remember having discussions like - higher regular wins or major wins but less total wins.

For example, would you rather have:

8 tour wins + 1 major wins (9 total wins)
or
1 tour win + 4 majors ( 5 total wins)

The major wins of course is the answer. But my response would be it is a stupid discussion because no player would have 4 major wins and only 1 regular win over any period of time. Nobody has ever had a split like that, or close to that... nobody ever will have a split like that.

And yet Brooks Koepka might. The win totals above are Justin Thomas and Brooks Koepka since the start of the 2015/2016 season.

It's just remarkable to me.
Assuming Koepka wins today that will be 3 majors out of 5, with a 4th tournament being a second.

Getting back to my last stat:

Over 5 Consecutive Majors: 3 Wins + One Second

How many golfers have ever done better in non-amateur era?
- Tiger Woods won 4 majors in a row.

I am sure you might a few other instances of 3 majors over 5 tournaments, but with also one runner up?

The list, all-time has to be short.
- I checked Jack Nicklaus and he never won 3 majors out of 5. He won 3 majors over 2 years several times, but never better then 3 out of 6.

Last edited:
When DJ shot 32 in the front nine yesterday there was a glimmer of hope for a competitive Sunday, but he blew it on the back nine with a 37. I hope Jazz, List, or Varner can go low and make Brooks at least glance at the scoreboard.

Would like to see that lead down to 5, when we get to 7 and the course gets tougher.

Not anti Brooks but want a little bit of drama.

2 shot swing on the first hole.

Koepka now up 5 against Harold Varner.

Koepka odds to win have fell -1400 to -900. -900 seems like good value... its seem strange saying that.

Went to the tournament on Thursday. It was nice to get back to the black course. I've played it a few times, but not in a number of years

I remembered how big the course is but your minds eye can't really recreate it. The bunkers are massive and deep. The elevation changes are huge also. TV doesn't really do it justice. And I forgot how difficult it was to walk the course.

It was a decent day. Was sloppy in the morning from the rain the night before but it dried up as the sun came out. We followed around tiger and koepka for a few holes and saw most of the rest of the best. Although going there reminded me how much I rather sit at home and be able to see everything going on. But it was nice for one day.

From what I saw Cuse was the most represented college on the clothing of the patrons by far. As it should be in NYS. Second was either Auburn or Clemson. Third probably Virginia. Only saw one eph uconn hat

It’s not that difficult a course for these pros. I am hack golfer and I shot 88 on Bethpage Black. Now I didn’t have the deep rough but for these pros who can fade/draw it’s not hard. The hardest part of Bethpage for me was not many of the tee shots were straight it had a lot of dogleg tee shots and that killed me. I made an 8( it played as a par 5 for us hacks) on number 7 because of that tee shot.
This is hilarious. 0.0% chance a hack golfer can come even close to an 88 on the black course

This is hilarious. 0.0% chance a hack golfer can come even close to an 88 on the black course
A couple of foot wedges here and there and you’d be surprised what that can accomplish!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom