PGA Tour unveils significantly revamped 2018-19 Season schedule | Syracusefan.com

PGA Tour unveils significantly revamped 2018-19 Season schedule

Definitely gives more relevancy to the PGA Championship. Kind of got lost in August.

Definitely gives more relevancy to the PGA Championship. Kind of got lost in August.
Actually I thought the PGA was fine in august but it makes sense to move it to may. They say that sawgrass is a signicantly different course in march than it is in may so why not move TPC back to its original month.

The biggest boost by far is to the fed ex cup playoffs. That got totally lost once football started. I figured they'd end it on Labor Day considering the NFL doesn't start til the Thursday after but I guess they want no part of college football either

The PGA now has a major in April-Masters, May-PGA, June-US Open, July-Open.
4 months in a row and the PGA doesn't get lost in late summer and before the Ryder Cup.
This new schedule helps the PGA and Players Championships get more eyeballs.
Having the Fed-Ex playoffs not go up against NFL football helps.

Or other northern courses where may weather can be a little iffy. Like hazeltine
I wonder if perhaps some of these courses can redefine themselves and end up in the US Open rotation, as Oak Hill once was. Maybe the US Open can focus on the northern courses since those areas will be neglected by the PGA Championship.

Or other northern courses where may weather can be a little iffy. Like hazeltine

I think premium courses can certainly be ready by Mid-May. If it's a little wet, its not like the PGA has not played tournaments on extremely soggy courses.

The Canadian Open is only 3 weeks after the PGA, and weather will not be an issue by early June... of course 21 days is quite a bit at that time of year.

But with the schedule being as follows, as a fan of Canadian Golf I can certainly see more players taking a short trip from Columbus to one of Canadian courses that players really like (Hamilton GC).. only unfortunate thing is that the US Open is in Pebble Beach, so it makes a long trek accross the country for a tourney where guys like to arrive on Monday. Either way better than 2018 and prior years, where the Canadian Open literally had the worst spot on the tour... after the British Open, and surrounded by 2 Masters and 1 WGC event,

Nelson
PGA at Bethpage
Colonial
Memorial
Canadian Open
US Open

British
Canadian
WGC - Akron
PGA

Once the Canadian Open starts to align tourneys with the timezones of the US Open it will really help.