Phil Hughes-how many more starts in pinstripes | Syracusefan.com

Phil Hughes-how many more starts in pinstripes

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I'm sure the Yanks were hoping for Pineda to come back but that's not going to happen. So, what's plan B. If the Yankees are serious about 2013, I can't picture Girardi/Cashman/Levine/Steinbrenner (not even sure who is running the show anymore) continuing to give the horsehide to Hughes anymore. Hopefully something shakes out before Thursday's game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ee-fan-boo-hughes-ugly-loss-article-1.1423374

I'm sure the Yanks were hoping for Pineda to come back but that's not going to happen. So, what's plan B. If the Yankees are serious about 2013, I can't picture Girardi/Cashman/Levine/Steinbrenner (not even sure who is running the show anymore) continuing to give the horsehide to Hughes anymore. Hopefully something shakes out before Thursday's game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/a-rod-yankee-fan-boo-hughes-ugly-loss-article-1.1423374[/quote]

Agree and when is Phelps coming back? They must someone in the minors who can do a better job than Hughes

43 games left.

9 starts?

Unless they call up Brett Marshall. And he's not really an improvement over Hughes.

Hughes could be one of those guys who simply can't perform well in NY. Would not surprise me if he pitches well somewhere else.

Montero/Pineda seemed like such a big time move for both teams, and you look back on it, and... yep.

43 games left.

9 starts?

Unless they call up Brett Marshall. And he's not really an improvement over Hughes.

I watched Marshall pitch last month and I'm not sold on him being a big league starter. He's smaller than the advertised 6'1 and was topping out at 90. He did battle through a rough start to the game. At least you know he won't roll over like some others on the staff.
Pineda actually sat behind me and was doing the gun for the game and was fairly pleasant. His glasses and watch were worth more than my 401k. And my god he is a large man. He didn't look to be in the best shape which could be said about most the AAA Yankee team.

Why isn't Cali participating in this thread? Is he pissed that he didn't start it?

Seriously, I think you just ride it out with Hughes at this point, and hope he can turn things around. It's not like he hasn't pitched well in the past (he was even pretty effective for a stretch earlier this season). And honestly, has he been much worse than Pettitte lately? I'm still waiting for the cries to have Andy removed from the rotation.

Montero/Pineda seemed like such a big time move for both teams, and you look back on it, and... yep.

The whole trade seems a disaster. Didn't Montero get suspended for PED's. There was also another pitcher the Yankees got in the trade I believe Jose Campos who was supposed to be pretty good and how did the Yankees miss out on Puig and Cespedes.

The whole trade seems a disaster. Didn't Montero get suspended for PED's. There was also another pitcher the Yankees got in the trade I believe Jose Campos who was supposed to be pretty good and how did the Yankees miss out on Puig and Cespedes.

Seattle found out that Montero was a lousy catcher, so they demoted him to AAA to learn how to play 1B. Then he missed over a month with a knee injury. Now he's suspended 50 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom