Women's Soccer - Phil Wheddon Resigns | Syracusefan.com

Women's Soccer Phil Wheddon Resigns

Syracuse University women's soccer head coach Phil Wheddon is departing the University after serving as the head coach for the past 11 years.

"I thank all of the student-athletes, past and present, who have represented the Orange, and I appreciate Syracuse University for the opportunity to lead the women's soccer program," Wheddon said. "At this time, however, I have decided to resign my position as head coach to pursue other opportunities. It has been an honor to lead the program. I wish everyone associated with it all the best."

Director of Athletics John Wildhack has named assistant coach Kelly Lawrence interim head coach. A national search will be conducted for a new head coach.

Wheddon began his tenure at Syracuse in 2008 when the Orange was part of The BIG EAST Conference and then guided the program's transition into the Atlantic Coast Conference in 2013. The third head coach in the history of the Syracuse program, Wheddon mentored seven all-conference selections, including the 2012 BIG EAST Goalkeeper of the Year, and 10 Academic All-District selections, in addition to developing several professional and international players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom