Philip Montgomery - discuss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Philip Montgomery - discuss

Fuente, Hermann, Rhule, are going big time. Babers may go somewhere like VT, UVA.

Guys I think we have good shots at that I would love to see come here. Fleck, Campbell, Montgomery

Has already won as many games through 8 as Tulsa won the two prior years combined. 5-4 with games against Cinci, Navy, and Tulane. Losses to Oklahoma, Memphis, and Houston. Bad loss to a down ECU only real blemish.

Only one game scoring less than 34, 5 games 40 or more, another two 38 pts, they averaged 25 last year.

Coyle hired Harsin after Harsin only had one year at Arkansas State.
I just worry about a guy who's never left the state of Texas. Whole different animal in the northeast. I'm not saying he has to be from NY or NJ but i think someone from the Atlantic Coast is needed for connections.

Fuente, Hermann, Rhule, are going big time. Babers may go somewhere like VT, UVA.

Guys I think we have good shots at that I would love to see come here. Fleck, Campbell, Montgomery

Seems strange Wed have a better shot at Campbell than Babers.

GoSU96 said:
Has already won as many games through 8 as Tulsa won the two prior years combined. 5-4 with games against Cinci, Navy, and Tulane. Losses to Oklahoma, Memphis, and Houston. Bad loss to a down ECU only real blemish. Only one game scoring less than 34, 5 games 40 or more, another two 38 pts, they averaged 25 last year. Coyle hired Harsin after Harsin only had one year at Arkansas State.

I hope he's interviewed. Or he's at least the prototype for interviews.

I just worry about a guy who's never left the state of Texas. Whole different animal in the northeast. I'm not saying he has to be from NY or NJ but i think someone from the Atlantic Coast is needed for connections.
everyone that has connections is an idiot

northeast football is stupid. if the cost of hiring someone with a brain means we have to recruit where the good players are, so be it. every game is on tv now. if some doofus ogre from long island doesn't like it, oh well

Shrmdougluvr said:
How much credit should Coyle really get for hiring Harsin? He was Peterson's offensive coordinator and was born and bred a Bronco (with a year's worth of head coaching experience under his belt to boot). He was a no brainer. I suspect he is going to have to work a little more should he choose to replace Shafer.

There is no such thing as a no brainer. SU fans should know that better than anyone.

if Al Golden wasn't out of price range he would be a good fit. Not sure how it would work with miami paying him a lot not to coach

if Al Golden wasn't out of price range he would be a good fit. Not sure how it would work with miami paying him a lot not to coach
Yeah let's hire him or Edsell.

I trust Coyle to make the right decision when the time comes. This isn't like DG picking the next guy, Coyle will make a good choice.

When DG had time, he picked Marrone. Good pick.

Do we consider Schiano? I can't stand him and am not advocating that move, just asking...

Now I'm going to upchuck into a brown paper bag and take a shower.

Has already won as many games through 8 as Tulsa won the two prior years combined. 5-4 with games against Cinci, Navy, and Tulane. Losses to Oklahoma, Memphis, and Houston. Bad loss to a down ECU only real blemish.

Only one game scoring less than 34, 5 games 40 or more, another two 38 pts, they averaged 25 last year.

Coyle hired Harsin after Harsin only had one year at Arkansas State.
What about your boy Leach, although his D isn't the greatest?

What about your boy Leach, although his D isn't the greatest?
ASU had 250 in the air 200 on the ground. WSU had less than 1 yard per carry, outgained them, and won by 14.

they probably wanted to throw 60 times and run 12. 5 to 1. (I assume the falk runs were sacks) hilarious.

Good article on Monty...

Not that it matters much, but he is the guy I want the most.

Linkage
So, you must watch Monk!
Will be successful wherever he goes.
He is my second choice behind Babers.

Is Montgomery still in play for I think I saw that he was interviewed by Coyle.

Is Montgomery still in play for I think I saw that he was interviewed by Coyle.
Very confusing, but I think he is still in the mix. Hopefully.

I said earlier in the other Montgomery thread that he will be the next coach. No inside info just my guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom