Philosophy Change | Syracusefan.com

Philosophy Change

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse football was active early and often in the 2015 recruiting cycle. In 2016, however, they have changed their philosophy to a more patient approach. Head coach Scott Shafer details that decision inside...

FREE ARTICLE

I hope this answers some questions about why we only have three commits so far this cycle.

Syracuse football was active early and often in the 2015 recruiting cycle. In 2016, however, they have changed their philosophy to a more patient approach. Head coach Scott Shafer details that decision inside...

FREE ARTICLE

Last year we stocked up early, which gave them more time to work on the 2016 class. They've had time to establish relationships and interest with some really good prospects, so it makes sense to let that play out slowly. If they think they have a legit shot at some of these guys, by all means be patient.

No pressure, Lester, but we need those first three games badly.

This will be a small recruiting class. Only 13 Seniors graduating. We may up taking less than 20 kids in this cycle.

Can't take on any projects.
Yeah, I heard from someone yesterday we should be looking at about 18 commits total in this class.

I liked the nugget in the story saying we like Culpepper as much as anyone we offered who committed elsewhere. Take that Brown and Sawyer.

(Side note: I liked Brown more than just about anyone - sans Haskins. Kills me that he's an Eagle)

I liked the nugget in the story saying we like Culpepper as much as anyone we offered who committed elsewhere. Take that Brown and Sawyer.

(Side note: I liked Brown more than just about anyone - sans Haskins. Kills me that he's an Eagle)
My favorite QB prospect is still in the class of '17...fingers crossed he doesn't blow up TOO much between now and then, and we can snag him...it'd be a massive recruiting win.

My favorite QB prospect is still in the class of '17...fingers crossed he doesn't blow up TOO much between now and then, and we can snag him...it'd be a massive recruiting win.
The Long Island kid?