Pick your favorite Syracuse basketball uniform | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pick your favorite Syracuse basketball uniform

Is this a trick question? That is exactly what Syracuse does. Home uniforms show nickname, roads say city name (college name).
Right. And to the best of my knowledge, we'd never done that before 1998, which is why I like the uniforms from that year.

sherm.jpg
sherm.jpg

Too bad we've never won when we wear them lol

Of the list, it is the 2016 throwbacks. Cursive script, single color, modern cut with longer shorts, crisper numerals than the 80's.

Pic was blurry to me but those are the ones I liked.

I'm still partial to the cursive script. I never really cared for the home uniforms with the blue letters and numbers - not enough orange and I never really cared for the uniforms where gray suddenly became one of our team colors, although they weren't horrible designs. 1995-96 white is pretty solid also.

Jeesh...there should be a bazillion votes for this thing from this site alone.

I think the athletic department is going to discover one thing for sure. The road Orange is far more popular than home whites...
Good call.

If there was a way to explain why so few voted for the whites, I think most would say 'not enough orange', or words to that effect.

Good call.

If there was a way to explain why so few voted for the whites, I think most would say 'not enough orange', or words to that effect.

Yep that was my reasoning for not liking some of the home whites.

1. Any of the cursive scripts as long as the shorts match.

2. The 94-95/95-96 ones.

3. 2003

Last. - Duct tape numbers.

I agree with this - the "Syracuse" in cursive script looks great. Use"Orange" for the alternate jersey.

But I would add the side trim from 94-95 to 2003 shorts that have "S" wrapped around the basketball. I always thought that was a cool look that reminded me of early Internet browsers.

Every time I see this thread on the main page, I think it's "Pick your favorite Syracuse bakery."

I agree with this - the "Syracuse" in cursive script looks great. Use"Orange" for the alternate jersey.

But I would add the side trim from 94-95 to 2003 shorts that have "S" wrapped around the basketball. I always thought that was a cool look that reminded me of early Internet browsers.

Yes! I still think of those as the Netscape uniforms.

The 2015 mostly white uniforms we wore, I think, only for UVA were pretty neat but on the whole the home uniforms have been way too white since 2008. Agree with the majority take that our road uniforms look better because of this.

The 89-90 white are the best. The handwritten Syracuse is significantly better than anything we've seen since. The past 10 years have been the worst uniforms.

Late 80's and early 90's for both were the best. The last decade has been pretty bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom