Pick your lineup to improve defense and rebounding | Syracusefan.com

Pick your lineup to improve defense and rebounding

20plus

2nd String
Even though we’re not gonna see any changes by this coaching staff and line up....

Out of these liners which one would you want to see the most...

G) Buddy
G)Eli
SF)Quincy
PG)Marek
C)Sidbe

G)JGIII
G)Hughes
)Braswell
)Quincy
C)Marek

or#3
G)JGIII
G)Hughes
)Q
)Marek
C)Edwards

There are reasons we have a 6.5 man rotation absent foul trouble (Edwards is the .5). We don’t have many options to fix the inside play.

Rotation #1 might add to the defense, but JB will want his 3 perimeter guys on the court with Girard at the point. Need Marek to help with ball movement and to provide a modest threat of inside scoring. Then, make do with Sidibe or Q as the 5th guy. Edwards needs to work in, and maybe he will. We will get killed inside either way, and just have to make it up elsewhere.

Braswell could be Jerami Grant-lite if he’d ever see the floor. Really wish we’d give him some minutes.

Everyone on the board thinks Braswell is an absolute stud but JB never plays him.

“He’d average 15ppg with Eli minutes”
“He’s Jerami Grant lite”

We’re 7-6, can’t rebound or stop anyone inside and people think JB has a 15ppg lotto pick on the bench that he’s not playing

Everyone on the board thinks Braswell is an absolute stud but JB never plays him.

“He’s Jerami Grant lite”

We’re 7-6, can’t rebound or stop anyone inside and people think JB has a 15ppg lotto pick on the bench that he’s not playing

I said he “could be”. I didn’t say he was. But you gotta give a guy minutes to see what he could be.

he's a sophomore right ? when ?
He moves well with or without the ball, but he just doesn't seem to be quite sure of himself or his place in the offense. He also needs to show he can rebound the ball.

I think there is a good chance we'll see more of him towards the end of the year.

He moves well with or without the ball, but he just doesn't seem to be quite sure of himself or his place in the offense. He also needs to show he can rebound the ball.

I think there is a good chance we'll see more of him towards the end of the year.
Speaking of Braswell could anyone see him transferring to North Florida next year? They have a bunch of seniors and his three point shooting would be great in their offense. I believe he was also born in Jacksonville

Lol the lineup isn’t changing. Good luck. Offense has been pretty good.
Apparently you’re reading comprehension comes after your morning cup of coffee because if you read my post your response makes little sense

I'd rather see some inside players that are bigger, stronger, and more athletic. You know, some guys that actually look like major college basketball forwards and centers.
Yes and I think we need to try a bigger back or in front court to improve defense rebounding and overall length for sure

“He’s Jerami Grant lite”

He shoots 50% from three for his career - he'll open up the floor for others if he plays more.

Even though we’re not gonna see any changes by this coaching staff and line up...

Out of these liners which one would you want to see the most...

G) Buddy
G)Eli
SF)Quincy
PG)Marek
C)Sidbe

G)JGIII
G)Hughes
)Braswell
)Quincy
C)Marek

or#3
G)JGIII
G)Hughes
)Q
)Marek
C)Edwards

#1 puts far too much pressure on Eli to do all the ball handling. But.....

#2 would get us killed on the boards - but in certain match-ups we could likely survive with it. It's more of a wildcard lineup.

#3 is more about potential...not sure on Edwards against anyone with any bulk as he gets pushed around rather easily.

I'd try them all out at some point! Throw Buddy down at SF, throw Eli at PG, whatever....get people some minutes. We're not doing much other than fighting a good fight this year and bragging about our A/TO whenever an opportunity presents itself.

There are reasons we have a 6.5 man rotation absent foul trouble (Edwards is the .5). We don’t have many options to fix the inside play.

Rotation #1 might add to the defense, but JB will want his 3 perimeter guys on the court with Girard at the point. Need Marek to help with ball movement and to provide a modest threat of inside scoring. Then, make do with Sidibe or Q as the 5th guy. Edwards needs to work in, and maybe he will. We will get killed inside either way, and just have to make it up elsewhere.

Because that's simply how JB rolls and has for decades. ;):)

He shoots 50% from three for his career - he'll open up the floor for others if he plays more.
So does buddy jg3 and Eli... you want to bench marek?

He has skills that we already have on the floor with Hughes, Buddy and Girard. He doesn't bring anything different.

Apparently you’re reading comprehension comes after your morning cup of coffee because if you read my post your response makes little sense

Why try to debate something that won’t happen? I’ve seen your twitter posts. You are banging your head against the wall.