Pick your lineup to improve defense and rebounding | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pick your lineup to improve defense and rebounding

He has skills that we already have on the floor with Hughes, Buddy and Girard. He doesn't bring anything different.

Intangibles.

I think we should start

Edwards
Braswell
Guerrier
Goodine
Carey with one hand...

sure we couldn’t score 30ppg, but imagine the size and quickness of the zone!!!!!
We could win games 26-22!!!! Who needs shooting and passing!?!?

Line number 1 for me.

Braswell shies away from physical contact, the coaching staff needs to some rebounding drills with him where he has to get low and lay a body on someone. Made do the drill until he hates it!

I believe to be successful in ACC play we have to play bigger. Putting Braswell on the floor allows us to play bigger and keep 3 3pt shooters on the floor, but if he can't rebound he can't play.

Guerrier is physical and can rebound, but you never know what you are going to get with him. He doesn't understand spacing on offense isn't finishing well around the rim.
N. Florida had a bunch of guards out there we won't see a team that small for the rest of the year.

But we will need both Braswell and Guerrier to play well if we are going to win.

Because that's simply how JB rolls and has for decades. ;):)
Not quite right. JB has sometimes gone a tad deeper, front court or backcourt, depending whether he has reserves who can play. This team is as short as it gets. He has six guys.

The five that start are the five that should start. Braswell shoots ok and positions on defense , but he can’t defensive rebound. He gets killed on the boards. It happened numerous times last night. Washington is hurt so that is why he didn’t play and Goodine isn’t ready yet. I was hoping that Edward would get some time, but I told the people around me that JB wouldn’t play him because the bigs last night had to cover the corners. JB actually said after the game that it was the reason he didn’t play. He said he’s practicing well but isn’t ready to rotate out to the corners. Marek and Sidibe did ok trying to get out on the corner shooters. I do think Edwards could have scored inside last night.

The five that start are the five that should start. Braswell shoots ok and positions on defense , but he can’t defensive rebound. He gets killed on the boards. It happened numerous times last night. Washington is hurt so that is why he didn’t play and Goodine isn’t ready yet. I was hoping that Edward would get some time, but I told the people around me that JB wouldn’t play him because the bigs last night had to cover the corners. JB actually said after the game that it was the reason he didn’t play. He said he’s practicing well but isn’t ready to rotate out to the corners. Marek and Sidibe did ok trying to get out on the corner shooters. I do think Edwards could have scored inside last night.

None of these guys are ready to play in the roles they have yet. Except Hughes.

Failing on defense but providing offense doesn't seem like our biggest concern the past two years...

It's North Florida.

Why try to debate something that won’t happen? I’ve seen your twitter posts. You are banging your head against the wall.
Why not? What else is there to talk about?

Everyone on the board thinks Braswell is an absolute stud but JB never plays him.

“He’d average 15ppg with Eli minutes”
“He’s Jerami Grant lite”

We’re 7-6, can’t rebound or stop anyone inside and people think JB has a 15ppg lotto pick on the bench that he’s not playing
The new millennium's Ethan Cole

There is no one available that could improve defense and rebounding. The Greek Freak and Unibrow are not walking through that door.

There is no one available that could improve defense and rebounding. The Greek Freak and Unibrow are not walking through that door.
If you put Hughes in the back court you now have a much improved backcourt in rebounding didn’t defense! Then you also have forwards with better size than with hughes in the front court.

if you don’t think Buddy/Eli/Q/Marek/Sidbe is a far superior rebounding and defensive team than Joe/Buddy/Eli/Marek/Sidibe just stop watching!

Why try to debate something that won’t happen? I’ve seen your twitter posts. You are banging your head against the wall.
Because it’s so damn obvious that it’s what we need it’s a simple solution to solve two problems. I’ve already stated it’s not happening! I’ve accepted it but I root for foul trouble, which is sad.

Last edited:
Well, for your information, it's your, not you're. Just saying...but carry on. ;)
I can voice dissertate quicker but doesn’t mean better than typing on this stupid phone

JE needs to start over BS. No way around it, he is the future.

We only have 4 legit players.

Everyone else has been a huge disappointment and should never have been offered a scholarship in hindsight we are Syracuse.

Girard 1 Hughes to the 2 Buddy to the 5 cause he can't rebound worse than the centers Marek 4 and Braswell at the 3.

it’s a simple solution to solve two problems
Although your proposed lineup solves two problems, it creates a third one. With three non-shooters on the floor, the offense would likely suffer. I wouldn’t mind trying it for a stretch each game to see how those guys mesh together.

I can voice dissertate quicker but doesn’t mean better than typing on this stupid phone
I put that sentence into Google Translate and my phone melted.

If you put Hughes in the back court you now have a much improved backcourt in rebounding didn’t defense! Then you also have forwards with better size than with hughes in the front court.

if you don’t think Buddy/Eli/Q/Marek/Sidbe is a far superior rebounding and defensive team than Joe/Buddy/Eli/Marek/Sidibe just stop watching!
Because it’s so damn obvious that it’s what we need it’s a simple solution to solve two problems and I’ve already stated it’s not happening I’ve excepted it but I root for foul trouble which is sad
Holy non-punctuation, bro! Yeh, it’s definitely your phone.

1. Offense and defense lineups have almost nothing in common outside of beating the press, ball handling and transition. If you can do that playing zone, then you could have five 6'7- 7'2 guys on the floor who can all switch positions on offense. Maybe even a 6'10 guy up top on D, who spends all his time in the low post on offense.

2.I really really want to see Guerrier play up top on Defense. Hes only a inch taller then Hughes. I think he would be slightly better then Hughes. Guerrier and Dolezaj on the same side would feel a entire foot longer than Hughes or Buddy on Dolezaj's side. Plus, we need those steals. Guerrier is also the best guy to finish through contact in transition, which gives us some physicality.

3.Rebounding - Hughes, Buddy, Guerrier, Dolezaj, Sidibe sounds good, but I am really worried we need the 3rd perimeter scorer to score inside. Our best interior play is Hughes to the basket. We lose that without a 3rd perimeter scorer. Maybe Hughes could run a give and go high screen for Dolezaj up top. If Dolezaj starts popping that free throw jumper off 1-2 bounces, Hughes can pop the step back from 15; while Sidibe and Guerrier get a chance to pound the offensive boards as a duo.

Girard and buddy are going to need to rest a bit come acc play. So we got to figure something out. With the long breaks, its tough to know if we already have.

Last edited:
Braswell could be Jerami Grant-lite if he’d ever see the floor. Really wish we’d give him some minutes.
Has he ever gotten a rebound? I must have missed it.