Picketting and more... | Syracusefan.com

Picketting and more...

BillSU

All American
Looking a bit further ahead at our schedule, Pitt (7-2) played at Duke(3-6) and won 54 – 29.

Do you think our excellent D is up to the task of holding Kenny Pickett in check? He threw 28 – 43 for 416 YDS and 3 TDs.

Other opponents:

NCState (7-2 beat) at Fla St.(3-6) 28 – 14 with States Devin Leary throwing 21- 32 for 314 YDS and 4 TDS

At the half, as I write this, Clemson is tied with Louisville 17 -17. Louisville just went ahead 24-17 with DJ Uiagalelei throwing so far for 145 YDS and 2TDS.

In all three of these games we will be facing good QB’s. I hope we are up to the task with our DL and others getting to the QB and our DB’s, especially Chesnut, not getting beat as I have seen happen.

We have to control the ball. Field position will be huge i hope our punter finds his leg.
We will be underdogs in all games.

Looking a bit further ahead at our schedule, Pitt (7-2) played at Duke(3-6) and won 54 – 29.

Do you think our excellent D is up to the task of holding Kenny Pickett in check? He threw 28 – 43 for 416 YDS and 3 TDs.

Other opponents:

NCState (7-2 beat) at Fla St.(3-6) 28 – 14 with States Devin Leary throwing 21- 32 for 314 YDS and 4 TDS

At the half, as I write this, Clemson is tied with Louisville 17 -17. Louisville just went ahead 24-17 with DJ Uiagalelei throwing so far for 145 YDS and 2TDS.

In all three of these games we will be facing good QB’s. I hope we are up to the task with our DL and others getting to the QB and our DB’s, especially Chesnut, not getting beat as I have seen happen.
Those three teams better be worried about Syracuse getting healthy, and having time off. Syracuse is getting better every game and will be dangerous for anyone to play.

Hopefully getting some guys on D healthy will help, especially in the secondary. Williams has been playing banged up, and haven't some of our safeties been out too?

Last edited:
UL is the game we need to win. I think we’re pounding our chests a little too much. The ACC isn’t very good. We’ve lost to some mediocre teams even if they were close games. Pitt and NCstate might be the two toughest teams we play outside of WF. The players are recovering but some injuries/soreness are going to resurface against UL with a couple tough hits.

GS being able to run is going to be one of the keys the next 3 games. But I think some people are going to be surprised by how easily a couple of the remaining teams are able to throw against us.

I think the rest of the season comes down to if we can throw the ball with some consistency and can special teams improve.
Defense is respectable. I think the overall stats have been helped by the order of the schedule. Might be the best three offense we play all season in the last few weeks, stats won’t look as good at the end of the year.
Run game, don’t need to say anything.
Special teams have been below average and have really contributed to the losses. Can they be fixed in a bye week or the last month?
Schrader has to be able to connect on 55% of his passes and be serviceable from here on out. Defense coordinators are going to start rushing 3 and leaving 2 spies. The blueprint is out there. Can the staff help Garret be an average thrower?
If special teams and Schrader step up we win 2 games, if not I see some rough games ahead.

I think the rest of the season comes down to if we can throw the ball with some consistency and can special teams improve.
Defense is respectable. I think the overall stats have been helped by the order of the schedule. Might be the best three offense we play all season in the last few weeks, stats won’t look as good at the end of the year.
Run game, don’t need to say anything.
Special teams have been below average and have really contributed to the losses. Can they be fixed in a bye week or the last month?
Schrader has to be able to connect on 55% of his passes and be serviceable from here on out. Defense coordinators are going to start rushing 3 and leaving 2 spies. The blueprint is out there. Can the staff help Garret be an average thrower?
If special teams and Schrader step up we win 2 games, if not I see some rough games ahead.
Also will the coaching staff call plays to the air advantage of what the D is giving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom