Pierce | Syracusefan.com

Pierce

Cuse House

All American
We talked about Pierce a lot after Pitt, but not so much after the Clemson win. He had another big game, with some huge catches along the sideline. He imo, was the missing link through the first 6 games, the perfect complement to Ish and Erv. I am super excited to see how he progresses the rest of this season and into next year. He is a little shorter than a prototypical NFL tight end, but I think he has the athleticism to play the position at the next level.

We talked about Pierce a lot after Pitt, but not so much after the Clemson win. He had another big game, with some huge catches along the sideline. He imo, was the missing link through the first 6 games, the perfect complement to Ish and Erv. I am super excited to see how he progresses the rest of this season and into next year. He is a little shorter than a prototypical NFL tight end, but I think he has the athleticism to play the position at the next level.

Agreed -- a bit short, but the athletic tools are there. I expect that he just needed to get immersed and figure things out. At this point of the season, he finally has [whereas he might not have been perfectly comfortable earlier in the year]. Now that he's gotten his sea legs -- what a weapon he's turned into! He really adds a different dimension to the offense, and defenses will need to account for him from here on out... which opens things up for other players.

Same way that Strickland / the OL establishing a reasonable running game as opposed to earlier in the season is forcing defenses to be "honest."

Love both developments.

You have to account for Pierce in the passing game. He can easily go for 15 yards if there isn't anyone on him.