Pinocchio Katz Coming Up Live At 5:45 Eastern... | Syracusefan.com

Pinocchio Katz Coming Up Live At 5:45 Eastern...

They are leading with the JB stuff...I'll recap.

When I was out for a run, they teased that he was coming on live at 5:45. They replayed part of Katz with Mike And Mike from this morning.

Katz is not on. They played the clip of Katz explaining his side of the story and then they gave their opinions. The segment did not contain a new Katz interview.

Katz is not on. They played the clip of Katz explaining his side of the story and then they gave their opinions. The segment did not contain a new Katz interview.

See my post above. Sorry for the error.

Basically the 980 am reporters said, that Katz risked pissing Boeheim off by asking the question 5 or 6 times. Should've stopped at 2. The one 980 guy Steve Czaban in particular was sticking up for Boeheim, saying Boeheim did ESPN a favor by granting the interview in the first place. They also hinted that Katz should of known Boeheim was still upset with him and he took a chance by asking post game questions Wednesday night.

I missed the m&m segment. They love katz so they probably backed him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed the m&m segment. They love katz so they probably backed him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greeny - "I'm sure by now you all have seen it. It was very unusual, very awkward. Jim Boehiem, hall of fame coach of Syracuse, who is a regular guest here on mike and mike. I like Jim, I think we have a good relationship with him, refused to answer any questions from Andy Katz who, in every way that I'm aware is a very respected college basketball reporter. I dont say that because he works here, Andy is universily very well repsected. And he asked a very very umm, normal nondescript question after Syracuse lost to UCONN the other night. He asked a question about it being the last time the two teams would play. it was a perfectly normal legitimate question and JB refused to answer it. then someone rephrased the exact same question and he answered it. So he was clearly pointing out Andy, and I sent any a note yesterday just to say 'whats going on?' and he said 'I've got nothing to hide if you want me to come on the air and talk about it" and I thought it would be interesting, he will be in the studio in a half an hour and we will hear what happened. I'm not taking sides, I just wanna hear what happened"

Man.. I wish I would have listened to the whole thing before I started typing. lol I didnt know I was recaping a "coming up" type of deal lol

Actual Katz interview hopefully on its way

Greeny - "I'm sure by now you all have seen it. It was very unusual, very awkward. Jim Boehiem, hall of fame coach of Syracuse, who is a regular guest here on mike and mike. I like Jim, I think we have a good relationship with him, refused to answer any questions from Andy Katz who, in every way that I'm aware is a very respected college basketball reporter. I dont say that because he works here, Andy is universily very well repsected. And he asked a very very umm, normal nondescript question after Syracuse lost to UCONN the other night. He asked a question about it being the last time the two teams would play. it was a perfectly normal legitimate question and JB refused to answer it. then someone rephrased the exact same question and he answered it. So he was clearly pointing out Andy, and I sent any a note yesterday just to say 'whats going on?' and he said 'I've got nothing to hide if you want me to come on the air and talk about it" and I thought it would be interesting, he will be in the studio in a half an hour and we will hear what happened. I'm not taking sides, I just wanna hear what happened"

Man.. I wish I would have listened to the whole thing before I started typing. lol I didnt know I was recaping a "coming up" type of deal lol

Actual Katz interview hopefully on its way

Appreciate the effort dude. I actually just got home and listened to the podcast. Interesting

Here's the problem with what Katz said, "We never made an agreement"

Where does Jim Boeheim say he made an agreement? He said he told him he couldn't answer the questions.
Bingo.
I'm glad someone finally pointed this out.

Since Marsh is to lazy to post a recap lol here is mine

In response to JBs response
Katz- "Well its just not accurate. The part where he said he couldnt answer the questions, there was a part in the interview where he did say 'if you keep asking me this, I'm not going to answer' but let me back up and tell you first of all JB had just come from the news conference at the Merri Marqi (? guess its a hotel?) where he had been asked these kinds of questions about the BF situation. This was the first time that he was sitting down with EPSN since the story broke by ESPN. if you remember he had made the comments up at the game, cant remember which game, up in Syracuse. So who ever was sitting in that seat, from this company was going to ask those questions. That was a givin. He never had to come into the room, umm we never made an agreement at all. Was this part of the interviews that you do sometimes before an event? Yes, I interviewed Fort from OK State at that same time, either before or after. If you remember that was right after the tragic plane crash involving OK State. So he (JB) comes into the room. there was no pre condition to the interview, infact I started the interview talking about the tourny and then went on the series of questions that I had. And uh, there are times, and I think you have all run into this, when you had Bo Ryan on here. there are certain coaches that if you keep asking them, they will keep talking. and I knew JB had just talked, I was not in the news conference because I was in the other room with chad fort, I knew he had just talked about this issue, so it wasent like he wasent talking about it, and he did. So that is an inaccurate statement that we set up and and it was said that you cant ask these types of questions. I think this is true for all of us here, we dont get into those types of aggrements, so thats number one. number two, noone left the room, like he says. and noone apologized. The only comment, and I spoke with the producer yesterday just to make sure we were on the same page, i said 'this is the way I remember it' and he said 'yea, that is exactly what happened' In fact what the producer said to him, and I was standing right there, there was a bunch of us in the room, he said 'I'm sorry your upset, but this is what were doing' sort of that expression, 'im sorry your upset'. And he did get upset he was very upset he stood up he was very upset, very demonsterative but we said 'look, we are going to ask these questions' and by the way we ran two of the bytes on SC that night because he did actually answer a couple of them. Then it was during the tourny, because I was the reporter for the event and he still agreed to do an on court interview, I cant remember if it was the semis or the finals. the week after that was the florida game, I was the reporter for that, and I asked him a number of questoins and thats when he issued his apology, at that game. And thats a great example of knowing the situation. i remember walking into the news conference, nothing had happened that day with the story and I wasent going to ask a single question about BF or anything walking into that news conference. but then what happened is he started the conference apologizing, reading a prepared statement. So at that moment, when you take the news conference to that point, now the conference is about that. The game doesnt matter. you have decided that the conference is going to be about your apology, so now its about that. So that shifted my thinking, and everyone else in the room, to ask about that apology"

No more time for word for word, Its 3:11pm, and I'm about to be outa here.

didnt ask 10 times, maybe 5 or 6. should I have stopped after two, prolly
no agreement
wed night - first time in a year i had been in the same building. Have tried many times to get interviews.
The last time was when ND went to ACC, answered the phone, said he wasent going to talk.
Did I know he was going to go off on me, no, did I think he would answer my question, i thought there was a chance

Said some good things about SU at the end

http://insider.espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8951210&s=espn

I think it starts about the 40 minute mark

I'm outa here. Headed to the ol Red Fox Bar and Grille.

Since Marsh is to lazy to post a recap lol here is mine

In response to JBs response
Katz- "Well its just not accurate. The part where he said he couldnt answer the questions, there was a part in the interview where he did say 'if you keep asking me this, I'm not going to answer' but let me back up and tell you first of all JB had just come from the news conference at the Merri Marqi (? guess its a hotel?) where he had been asked these kinds of questions about the BF situation. This was the first time that he was sitting down with EPSN since the story broke by ESPN. if you remember he had made the comments up at the game, cant remember which game, up in Syracuse. So who ever was sitting in that seat, from this company was going to ask those questions. That was a givin. He never had to come into the room, umm we never made an agreement at all. Was this part of the interviews that you do sometimes before an event? Yes, I interviewed Fort from OK State at that same time, either before or after. If you remember that was right after the tragic plane crash involving OK State. So he (JB) comes into the room. there was no pre condition to the interview, infact I started the interview talking about the tourny and then went on the series of questions that I had. And uh, there are times, and I think you have all run into this, when you had Bo Ryan on here. there are certain coaches that if you keep asking them, they will keep talking. and I knew JB had just talked, I was not in the news conference because I was in the other room with chad fort, I knew he had just talked about this issue, so it wasent like he wasent talking about it, and he did. So that is an inaccurate statement that we set up and and it was said that you cant ask these types of questions. I think this is true for all of us here, we dont get into those types of aggrements, so thats number one. number two, noone left the room, like he says. and noone apologized. The only comment, and I spoke with the producer yesterday just to make sure we were on the same page, i said 'this is the way I remember it' and he said 'yea, that is exactly what happened' In fact what the producer said to him, and I was standing right there, there was a bunch of us in the room, he said 'I'm sorry your upset, but this is what were doing' sort of that expression, 'im sorry your upset'. And he did get upset he was very upset he stood up he was very upset, very demonsterative but we said 'look, we are going to ask these questions' and by the way we ran two of the bytes on SC that night because he did actually answer a couple of them. Then it was during the tourny, because I was the reporter for the event and he still agreed to do an on court interview, I cant remember if it was the semis or the finals. the week after that was the florida game, I was the reporter for that, and I asked him a number of questoins and thats when he issued his apology, at that game. And thats a great example of knowing the situation. i remember walking into the news conference, nothing had happened that day with the story and I wasent going to ask a single question about BF or anything walking into that news conference. but then what happened is he started the conference apologizing, reading a prepared statement. So at that moment, when you take the news conference to that point, now the conference is about that. The game doesnt matter. you have decided that the conference is going to be about your apology, so now its about that. So that shifted my thinking, and everyone else in the room, to ask about that apology"

No more time for word for word, Its 3:11pm, and I'm about to be outa here.

didnt ask 10 times, maybe 5 or 6. should I have stopped after two, prolly
no agreement
wed night - first time in a year i had been in the same building. Have tried many times to get interviews.
The last time was when ND went to ACC, answered the phone, said he wasent going to talk.
Did I know he was going to go off on me, no, did I think he would answer my question, i thought there was a chance

Said some good things about SU at the end

http://insider.espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8951210&s=espn

I think it starts about the 40 minute mark

I'm outa here. Headed to the ol Red Fox Bar and Grille.

Well done...have one (or 10) for me

Well done...have one (or 10) for me

Will do, wife gave me the green light to "have fun" until she picks me up for dinner. Its warm enough for the ol truck to hang out in the parking lot for the night without being plugged in

Will do, wife gave me the green light to "have fun" until she picks me up for dinner. Its warm enough for the ol truck to hang out in the parking lot for the night without being plugged in

I love green lights. I have one tomorrow night.

Bingo.
I'm glad someone finally pointed this out.

Even the ESPN PR guy released that yesterday and I was just shaking my head.

Look at JBs quote:

“It’s really simple,” he explained. “I went to New York last year to play in the (NIT Pre-Season Tip-Off) Tournament in November and he (Katz) asked if he could interview me about the tournament. And I said, ‘Yeah, but I can’t talk about the (Bernie Fine) investigation.’
“We got in the room and he put me on camera — there were several witnesses there — and he asked me what I’d told him I couldn’t answer. I kept telling him, ‘I can’t answer that.’ And he asked me, like, 10 times on camera. He never took the camera off me.

No where does he say, "And I told Katz I wouldn't do the interview if he asked me about the Fine stuff"

He told Katz he couldn't answer the question before hand and Katz asked him ON CAMERA 5-6 times...so JB felt like Katz set him up to look like a jerk. That's it. Katz is playing the "I had to ask him because I'm a journalist card" which has nothing to do with anything.

Katz: "So that is an inaccurate statement that we set up and and it was said that you cant ask these types of questions."

Who's statement said this? Deadspin? Laughable BS from the Bristol spin machine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom