Pinstripe Bowl Another Possibility...Again??? | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe Bowl Another Possibility...Again???

anomander

Living Legend
This is a legit possibility. Looks like the Big12 won't have enough bowl eligible teams, while the ACC would have an overflow, so guess who could get the call? And guess who we could be matched up with...Rutgers

Patrick Stevens ‏@D1scourse4h
The Big 12 is assured of four sub-.500 teams already. That means one of the league's bowls is open. It has a tie-in w/the Pinstripe Bowl.

Patrick Stevens ‏@D1scourse4h
If the Pinstripe is open, and the ACC has a surplus of teams, that would be a logical landing spot for a Syracuse or Boston College

I thought most were projecting Notre Dame to go there?

Cheers,
Neil

Notre Dame has zero bowl tie ins without a BCS berth except with Pinstripe Bowl. While the Irish could go 9-3 to get a BCS berth it is highly unlikely the Irish will be in a BCS bowl thus they are going to go to the Pinstripe Bowl. Syracuse isn't going to this bowl this year it will ND vs an American team.

Notre Dame has zero bowl tie ins without a BCS berth except with Pinstripe Bowl. While the Irish could go 9-3 to get a BCS berth it is highly unlikely the Irish will be in a BCS bowl thus they are going to go to the Pinstripe Bowl. Syracuse isn't going to this bowl this year it will ND vs an American team.

So you have no faith in SU being able to beat either BC or Pitt. Because I think we have a great chance to win one of those games to get to bowl eligibility. I'll be surprised if we don't make a bowl... but not shocked also...(n)

So you have no faith in SU being able to beat either BC or Pitt. Because I think we have a great chance to win one of those games to get to bowl eligibility. I'll be surprised if we don't make a bowl... but not shocked also...(n)
Depends on how healthy our boys are. Frankly I think that sitting Estime was the staff's best coaching decision of the season.

His point had nothing to do with us going to a bowl or not. He was only talking about ND.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the love of god can Syracuse go to another bowl!! A 3rd pinstripe bowl would not be ideal in my opinion.

I like it. Let's go to the city and put a stake through the F.A.M.I.L.Y. Expose the paper tigers and regain our recruiting in NJ.

pinstripe isn't really an option this year as notre dame is contractually obligated to pinstripe as back up tie in. most likely bowl locations if we win 1 more are music city ,independence or sun or military

If you re-read my post I said nothing Syracuse not being able to beat BC or Pitt. I was talking about the Pinstripe Bowl. We should split at least with BC and Pitt because of HFA. However, Notre Dame isn't eligible for ACC or American bowl this year and after they lost to Pitt their chances at a BCS bowl are really low because they won't be ranked high enough to be eligible. They could win their last 2 games against BYU and Stanford but they won't rise to #16 to be eligible for a BCS bowl thus the only bowl tie-in ND has available to them is the Pinstripe Bowl if the Big XII doesn't have enough teams and with WVU losing to Kansas, and Iowa State, TCU, Kansas along with WVU being eligible for a bowl the Big XII won't have enough teams thus ND will likely be in the Pinstripe Bowl.

I'd take it right now. Just being in a bowl somewhere will help recruiting. We need to show recruits in the ACC footprint that they can come here and be part of a good program, even if we can't compete with the likes of Florida State at their best.