Pinstripe Bowl | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe Bowl

Maybe the AAC is offering their champion?
They probably are; reports indicate the AAC to going to lose the Russell Athletic Bowl to the Big 12 when its contract with the AAC nee Old Big East expires in 2014, as well as the Belk Bowl.

The Pinstripe needs to decide if they would rather have the AAC #1 or the ACC #5 or so.

I agree with the others, the Pinstripe is going to replace the ACC with the ACC.

I suspect the AAC is going to end up with the Liberty Bowl. The Liberty is a natural for the AAC given that Memphis is going to be a member. All they need now is for Memphis to somehow win enough games to become bowl eligible. The champion of the AAC will probably go to the Liberty or the Beef O'Brady Bowl, which is another good fit with the AAC given USF is still in the league and the game is played in Tampa.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Birmingham Rat Bowl. The AAC might be able to keep that one too, though they are going to miss inviting Pittsburgh again very very much.

867-03593570w.jpg

Mark Blaudschun, in his 'A Jersey Guy' blog, wrote today that "The American Conference is working on a deal with the Pinstripe Bowl in New York City to play against a Big Ten member each season."

That's as in AAC, not ACC.
This is hilarious.

Teams that have played in the Pinstripe Bowl:
1. Syracuse (x2) - ACC
2. Rutgers - B1G
2. West Virginia - Big XII
2. Kansas State - Big XII
2. Iowa State - Big XII

Teams that have sold the most tickets: (my guess)
1. Syracuse (heavy snow) - ACC
2. Rutgers (nice weather) - B1G
3. Syracuse (heavy snow) - ACC
4. West Virginia (light snow) - Big XII
5. Kansas State (heavy snow) - Big XII
6. Iowa State (nice weather) - Big XII

Games with the highest ratings:
1. Syracuse/WVU - ACC/Big XII
2. Syracuse/KSU - ACC/Big XII
3. Rutgers/ISU - B1G/Big XII

Teams with the highest ratings: (this is purely a guess, but it's based on general fan enthusiasm, ticket sales, and overall TV ratings)
1. Syracuse - ACC
2. WVU - Big XII
3. Syracuse - ACC
4. Rutgers - B1G
5. Kansas State - Big XII
6. Iowa State - Big XII

Conference affiliation in next cycle:
1. Big XII (3)
2. ACC (2)
3. B1G (1)

5 biggest fan bases in NYC: (in no particular order)
1. Penn State - B1G
2. Notre Dame - ACC
3. Rutgers - B1G
4. Syracuse - ACC
5. Uconn (I think) - AAC

Based on that, I can totally see why it won't be an ACC v B1G game (sarcasm). Why would the Pinstripe Bowl want to keep inviting Syracuse? That AAC is a MUCH better fit... [smacks head]

Would provide a nice potential platform for Rutgers. They could play there 2 years in a row: AAC Winner one year, Last Place B1G the next.
No. They would have to qualify for a bowl to play in the Pinstripe Bowl. I don't see them doing that with a 10 game B1G schedule and no FCS games.

(The sad things is that I'm not even joking)

No. They would have to qualify for a bowl to play in the Pinstripe Bowl. I don't see them doing that with a 10 game B1G schedule and no FCS games.

(The sad things is that I'm not even joking)
Year 2 would qualify them as last place B1G Team, to piggyback on the post I was responding to. A joke in other words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom