Pinstripe Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe Bowl

I love the Northwestern match-up because of the extra attention it receives from alumni in the media.

Beats being relegated to the Detroit Bowl. I feel bad for Pitt.

Will the NY Yankees want to take a break from Syracuse becoming the bi-annual opponent in this game?

I love the Northwestern match-up because of the extra attention it receives from alumni in the media.

That might be the only advantage.

Otherwise, it's against a team that might send 2,000 fans tops. Plus we already played a purple team in this bowl. Plus, we've played them enough recently that I'd like to experience playing a different B1G team. Not one of the new ones either, although I'm sure they're on the bowls radar.

No more Pinstripe Bowl - been there and down that twice now.

GoSU96 said:
ugh. Is PSU out of bowl jail yet? Michigan still might be in 7 or 8 win turn around I believe. If it's Pinstripe a grudge match with Rutty might be of interest. But they would have to win 6 games first. Good luck doing that with Gary Nova in the BiG

They will not sniff 6.

Bored of both the Pinstripe and Northwestern.

Anyway I noticed that UCONN is not on here, nor is Rutgers, but admittedly I did a quick glance.

I also think the fact that the Gator Bowl is now the taxslayer.com bowl is total bullish/t.

If we Pinstripe it again then I predict ridiculously overpriced beer.

Pros: Would love another game in the snow, that was a lot of fun.
Cons: We are not going to get an opponent in this bowl that would qualify as a truly signature win UNLESS we play the Yankees. How much fun would that be?!?

Cons: We are not going to get an opponent in this bowl that would qualify as a truly signature win UNLESS we play the Yankees. How much fun would that be?!?
"Eskridge just blind sided Texeira! And Texeira... oh, no. Oh, he's woozy. Folks, this could get ugly. He's woozy, little bit of jelly leg... wait, he's getting up! Texeira is up! He's on his feet! Texeira is back on his feet, and... what's that on the field? Is that... no? No! My God, mark Texeira's left arm is laying on the 30 yard line here at Yankee Stadium! Mark Texeira is on his feet but his left arm is on the ground! This, oh, this is, (oh I may vomit)... this is a sports tragedy unlike anything I have ever seen."

Do they get to use their bats? If so, all bets are off.

Agree, the B1G will not be placing a great team here. We could get lucky and play a name team in a relatively down year but it would not be a true signature win.

"Eskridge just blind sided Texeira! And Texeira... oh, no. Oh, he's woozy. Folks, this could get ugly. He's woozy, little bit of jelly leg... wait, he's getting up! Texeira is up! He's on his feet! Texeira is back on his feet, and... what's that on the field? Is that... no? No! My God, mark Texeira's left arm is laying on the 30 yard line here at Yankee Stadium! Mark Texeira is on his feet but his left arm is on the ground! This, oh, this is, (oh I may vomit)... this is a sports tragedy unlike anything I have ever seen."

Maybe, but it only becomes legend if Eskridge calls his shot before the snap. Ruth kind of set the bar high for legend status.

Maybe, but it only becomes legend if Eskridge calls his shot before the snap. Ruth kind of set the bar high for legend status.
If he pointed to the arm, and then to the 30 yard line ... that is well beyond Babe Ruth. The equivalent would be Ruth ripping out the catchers' arm and pointing out his spot then hitting the HR with the arm. And maybe then high fiving teammates with the arm in the dugout.

If he pointed to the arm, and then to the 30 yard line ... that is well beyond Babe Ruth. The equivalent would be Ruth ripping out the catchers' arm and pointing out his spot then hitting the HR with the arm. And maybe then high fiving teammates with the arm in the dugout.

Laughing. This is getting like the SNL skits about "Da Bears".

don't think pinstripe would like two small private school, even if we do have a decent presence there. maybe we offset that a bit, but doubt it.

I think the Yankees are pretty happy with Lafayette-Lehigh. Granted, that is not a meaningless exhibition game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom