Pitt fan here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt fan here

Much as I hate Pitt when SU plays them, I do look forward to March, when Pitt plays Tournament Weedeater and starts chewing up teams in another region during the NCAAs.

That said, I can't wait to see how the whole dynamic of ACC basketball will change next year. Duke and UNC have had the run of the house to date, but with the new BE additions, they may be playing for third or fourth place in the league. They'll find Cuse, 'Ville, Pitt and even ND "ain't no BC." Then, too, I'm curious how ACC refs will call the games, especially when the Pitt Brawlers meet the Duke Floppers. Any thoughts?-VBOF

I've had a soft spot for Pitt since the 6OT game. In the 3rd OT when we were down by 6 with about 2 minutes left the fans in our section were hung over, dejected and emotionally spent. A group of Pitt students were cheering for us all game even after Pitt had lost to WVU. At that moment, when we were completely spent, those Pitt students turned around to the SU fans and screamed for us to "get the you p***ies" and then started an "Let's go Orange" chant.

That was a great night.

Wow, that's pretty awesome.

Much as I hate Pitt when SU plays them, I do look forward to March, when Pitt plays Tournament Weedeater and starts chewing up teams in another region during the NCAAs.

That said, I can't wait to see how the whole dynamic of ACC basketball will change next year. Duke and UNC have had the run of the house to date, but with the new BE additions, they may be playing for third or fourth place in the league. They'll find Cuse, 'Ville, Pitt and even ND "ain't no BC." Then, too, I'm curious how ACC refs will call the games, especially when the Pitt Brawlers meet the Duke Floppers. Any thoughts?-VBOF

I don't think the hard hand and hip checks Pitt gets away with in our league will get tolerated at all on tobacco road. The Panthers and Cards will have to adjust and will do so. But the first year they will be in foul trouble quite a bit. I'm convinced that is part of the reason Pitt hasn't made it to the Final Four yet, it's hard for them to tone it down and change their style in such a short time frame after the boxing matches they play and excel at in the Big East Tournament. JMO.

As for the problem with Dixon and recruiting... He does not seem to want to play the game that goes along with recruiting the blue chip kids. It blows my mind that he does not even try to land them. People around the program say if a kid has handlers he won't even attempt to recruit them. .

Gary Williams at Maryland was much like that. It seemed to gradually hurt them over the past 9 years.

Amazes me also. Once Dixon got the job they could not fire him with what he accomplished. Miller never really had much of a chance at that point.

When it comes to Antigua, he was once an assistant at Pitt. The knock on him at Pitt was that he struggled recruiting and couldn't get the job done. He lost his top targets and couldn't reel in anyone to Pitt. Then all of a sudden he joins Cal and is this star recruiter. Kind of funny how that works.
Wait...isn't Sean Miller still playing the point at Pitt?

I swear I thought he was there for about ten years.

And I would have loved to have Chevy Troutman.
Did he ever have less than a double double against us?

I've had a soft spot for Pitt since the 6OT game. In the 3rd OT when we were down by 6 with about 2 minutes left the fans in our section were hung over, dejected and emotionally spent. A group of Pitt students were cheering for us all game even after Pitt had lost to WVU. At that moment, when we were completely spent, those Pitt students turned around to the SU fans and screamed for us to "get the you p***ies" and then started an "Let's go Orange" chant.

That was a great night.

You obviously were not at the UNC Asheville game in Pittsburgh in March. Those fans turned on Syracuse faster than me drinking a PBR. It was pathetic.

Not dissing the OP but those Pitt fans were as obnoxious as they get that weekend.

That was a great night.

Great story.

You obviously were not at the UNC Asheville game in Pittsburgh in March. Those fans turned on Syracuse faster than me drinking a PBR. It was pathetic.

Not dissing the OP but those Pitt fans were as obnoxious as they get that weekend.

Yeah, the douche sitting next to me during the Kansas St game was an . His GF/wife apologized to me for his behavior.

Yeah, the douche sitting next to me during the Kansas St game was an . His GF/wife apologized to me for his behavior.

It was so annoying. I had about 5 asshats behind me a few rows who kept giving us crap the entire game. Once we had it locked up, they started to leave. I called them out and asked them where they were going. (shouting it back to them). One of them started to give it back to me and wanted to meet me in the bathroom to "get it on". I yelled back, "no thanks, I'm married." Everyone around burst out laughing.

I've never had a problem with Pitt. Respect Dixon, especially with his personal story. Love the 6ot story. Will be glad to have you to beat in the ACC!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom