Pitt fan here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt fan here

The one knock against Pitt this year has been that they haven't played anyone and thus that is why they were only ranked #22 with only one loss. Well, now they have definitely played SOMEONE and they gave us one heck of a game and they had a chance to win it. Pitt has several things going for them, they have an excellent coach and good players and they know their identity and stick to the script and strategy throughout their games.

Pitt is the one team that heralds back to the old Big East when things were rough and tumble and every game was a war. So physical in fact that the league tried going at it with 6 fouls one season! I had heard that this years' Pitt team had distanced itself from the bruising, hand checking, physically beat you up methodology but from what I saw today it's still an element of their team persona. If it isn't called... teams that occasionally implement that strategy will use it until it is called.

Today they gave us all we could handle and the fact that we were able to stay the course when down in the closing minutes and then get some key stops and rally shows that although this team may not blow you off the court they have the talent, coaching, and composure to win the close ones. This team has some very special attributes which are seldom seen.

Yup I believe Slice and his dad played together. Dixon always gets a lot from lower ranked recruits as well when they hit campus.

Dixon gets his guys to play with aggressiveness, confidence, and the right amount of swagger. Very underrated qualities in a coach, IMO. His teams always seem to take it to us, not vice versa.

Thanks guys. I always had respect for the top programs in the BE like cuse etc. Pitt is trying to reach their level (and it has clearly not happened) but Howland and Dixon have built a nice program so far.

I am also hopeful that Pitt and Cuse can take the top 2 spots this year in the conference. I have had more then a few fans from other ACC schools tell me that they can't stand Pitt and Cuse being in their conference and that they are "ruining the ACC". I hope the old BE teams can take over the conference this year.

This was a great old school BE battle.

I'm glad to hear old ACC fans are angry.
That's what they get for inviting us.
Time to print up meaningful t-shirts...like:

"Hey ACC: You were warned!"

That was an intense game. Ennis was money down the stretch. I figured Pitt would struggle to score inside against your length. I know you all seem to despise Pitt but it was a good game and I look forward to the next time these teams play. Good luck the rest of the way (except when you play Pitt)

I'm in the minority, but hope we finish top 2 and meet in the ACC final and upset the old guard teams.

That game was way too stressful.

Pitt is just a real rivalry - no real hate.

Has them during the game but tend to root for them otherwise. Lot of similarities between us and Pitt, at least for football. Kind of shocked we've never developed a rel heated rivalry with them in general.

Good post. From what I've seen of your contributions on this board, Pitt_Fan_ACC, you always seem to come off well - respectful to SU (yet not in kiss-ass way) yet also informative about Pitt with good observations. Considering your post-to-like ratio, I'd imagine your one of the better posters here who are fans of other teams.

I don't understand how this board can be so nice here but everything else is f Pitt I hate their style and Dixon is a jerk. He's actually a really good guy.

So here I sit finished being at the NCState-Duke debacle and some of us (both Duke and NCState) decided to watch the Syracuse-Pitt game. What is interesting is the level of respect tobacco road is showing toward 'Cuse and the BE teams coming in...actually the ACC is pleased to have us--or should I say you...lol...interestingly, you should note by now that the matador defense of the ACC and non physical play has already begun to change...the ACC is going to be physical and many bball people are accepting and looking forward to playing that style...
As always proud to be 'Cuse and from my vantage point the ACC is a better place overall for Syracuse...
As indicated, I will have more input on a few subjects that we are very interested in...remember the Stealth Side and the importance of reading between the lines...going to an interesting next two months...and not just the fact that 'Cuse is going to be dominate in bball...the ACC is going to roar!

It's Good to Be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange...

I don't understand how this board can be so nice here but everything else is f Pitt I hate their style and Dixon is a jerk. He's actually a really good guy.

Your "Joined" date of March 2012 belies the fact that this appears to be your first day on the internet.

Thanks guys. I always had respect for the top programs in the BE like cuse etc. Pitt is trying to reach their level (and it has clearly not happened) but Howland and Dixon have built a nice program so far.

I am also hopeful that Pitt and Cuse can take the top 2 spots this year in the conference. I have had more then a few fans from other ACC schools tell me that they can't stand Pitt and Cuse being in their conference and that they are "ruining the ACC". I hope the old BE teams can take over the conference this year.

Well they really won't like it when Louisville comes in next year and ND picks up their play. It'll be an old BE log jam at the top.

This board is a riddle wrapped in an enigma.

This is a big win for our program, we always have trouble with Pitt in the regular season (not in the BET, gimme a break.). Dixon always preps his team for the zone and there is always a shooter on Pitt to make things interesting.

I thought this year that Pitt lacked firepower, they missed some open shots throughout the game. On the other hand, if they hadn't turned it up with offensive rebounds at the end of the game it would not have been as close.

always respect Pitt as a program. You know you are always in for a battle when you play them. Hope to see you at least 2 more times

Class post. Pitt is a very good team and when we play there, it will be difficult. I also would like to see them place second in the conference and in the conference tournament.

You guys had a great plan against the zone. We were actually lucky that you didn't score more in the paint. On the other hand, Patterson was a little lucky to hit all those desperado threes when he did. Looking forward to two more with you - at Pitt and the ACC Final. Good luck with the ACC - I live in NC and it is starting to stick in their craw a bit that us Yankees have commenced our scorched earth march to the sea.
They were nothing but net. Great player. But I hate smarmy Dixon.

If Dixon was on the opposing sideline, you would dislike him.

I refer to that as the Devo effect. A guy you love to have on your team but would easily loathe If he was playing against you.

That was an intense game. Ennis was money down the stretch. I figured Pitt would struggle to score inside against your length. I know you all seem to despise Pitt but it was a good game and I look forward to the next time these teams play. Good luck the rest of the way (except when you play Pitt)

We hate you because of all the times you've beaten us. Now if you would just start losing to us regularly will get along great. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom