Pitt Game & Tailgate Bullets | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game & Tailgate Bullets

Shenexon

All American
  • There may be lots of things that could have gone better in the game, but it was a great win over a team we've lost to for many years. We beat a Pitt team that played pretty well, holding our offense in check and keeping our defense on the field. If there are no moral victories in a loss then there shouldn't be moral losses in a win. The win was a good one and should provide some optimism as we move forward.
  • We haven't had a game where all parts of the team have played well at the same time, but the offense and defense both played well when they really needed to against Pitt. The offense kept the ball away from Pitt for the last 5 minutes of the game and the defense stopped Pitt twice when they should have scored. We didn't dominate the game, but we certainly had clutch play at times. Kudos to the team for a tough win.
  • There may be lots of debate about the team's play against Pitt, but we all should be able to agree that you put on a superb tailgate. This was my third Fine Tailgate and appreciate the welcome you provide. It feels like a family reunion and more friendly than many families can boast. It may be a normal pre-game festival for those of you that live in Syracuse, but it's a wonderful thing to be able to show up and feel part of the gang. Thanks to all of you for that.
  • I'd like to specifically mention Bees' post that encouraged many of us to attend the game and bring others. It may not have influenced the game much, but in a 1 point win who knows? I hadn't planned to come up for the game, but Bees' post made me think about it until I decided there was no good reason I couldn't make the trip. Furthermore, there was no good reason I couldn't get extra tickets and maybe get others to the game as well. I was just one fan who was influenced by Bees' post and think he got a lot of fencesitters to the game. I know he's made a kazillion posts, but believe it was the best of his I've seen, though the Kim Jong Bees series was also exceptional. Thanks, Bees. I loved being there and appreciated your invite.
  • Finally, there is a huge difference between spectators and fans. I'm honored to have been able to cheer with a bunch of fans from this board. Tomcat, TexanMark, Dccuse, Lincolncuse, Cuseroc, and others I don't know as well were inspiring in their vocal and visual support for the team. There were a lot of spectators in our section that were duly impressed and influenced to cheer when they seemed to never have done it before. I'm not sure who the guy behind me was, but he slapped five harder than anyone I've ever met. I'd especially like to mention how nice it was of Dccuse to make sure the Pitt coaches knew when SU got a first down so they called the right defense. It was a very nice gesture on his part and I'm sure was greatly appreciated. Tomcat is amazing, awe-inspiring, unique, authoritative, knowledgeable, colorful, fun, etc., but words can't do him justice. Thanks to all of you for a great day as a fan.

• There may be lots of things that could have gone better in the game, but it was a great win over a team we've lost to for many years. We beat a Pitt team that played pretty well, holding our offense in check and keeping our defense on the field. If there are no moral victories in a loss then there shouldn't be moral losses in a win. The win was a good one and should provide some optimism as we move forward.
  • We haven't had a game where all parts of the team have played well at the same time, but the offense and defense both played well when they really needed to against Pitt. The offense kept the ball away from Pitt for the last 5 minutes of the game and the defense stopped Pitt twice when they should have scored. We didn't dominate the game, but we certainly had clutch play at times. Kudos to the team for a tough win.
  • There may be lots of debate about the team's play against Pitt, but we all should be able to agree that you put on a superb tailgate. This was my third Fine Tailgate and appreciate the welcome you provide. It feels like a family reunion and more friendly than many families can boast. It may be a normal pre-game festival for those of you that live in Syracuse, but it's a wonderful thing to be able to show up and feel part of the gang. Thanks to all of you for that.
  • I'd like to specifically mention Bees' post that encouraged many of us to attend the game and bring others. It may not have influenced the game much, but in a 1 point win who knows? I hadn't planned to come up for the game, but Bees' post made me think about it until I decided there was no good reason I couldn't make the trip. Furthermore, there was no good reason I couldn't get extra tickets and maybe get others to the game as well. I was just one fan who was influenced by Bees' post and think he got a lot of fencesitters to the game. I know he's made a kazillion posts, but believe it was the best of his I've seen, though the Kim Jong Bees series was also exceptional. Thanks, Bees. I loved being there and appreciated your invite.
  • Finally, there is a huge difference between spectators and fans. I'm honored to have been able to cheer with a bunch of fans from this board. Tomcat, TexanMark, Dccuse, Lincolncuse, Cuseroc, and others I don't know as well were inspiring in their vocal and visual support for the team. There were a lot of spectators in our section that were duly impressed and influenced to cheer when they seemed to never have done it before. I'm not sure who the guy behind me was, but he slapped five harder than anyone I've ever met. I'd especially like to mention how nice it was of Dccuse to make sure the Pitt coaches knew when SU got a first down so they called the right defense. It was a very nice gesture on his part and I'm sure was greatly appreciated. Tomcat is amazing, awe-inspiring, unique, authoritative, knowledgeable, colorful, fun, etc., but words can't do him justice. Thanks to all of you for a great day as a fan.

Good to see ya again, hopefully you can make Uconn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom