Pitt Game Thread... | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game Thread...

Dome has emptied out with more than 2:00 minutes to go and just an 11 point margin.

Are people leaving in protest or are they that confident we can hold Pitt in check.

Probably worried about staying awake on the drive home between the late game and the quality of it.

The wrap up.

Posters just roasted our team in this thread.
This thread should be locked and put in the hall of fame.
I fully expect to wake up to tons of likes and most of you should as well.
Why didn't Washington play the second half?
We really should do a drinking game with PC just need marsh and cuse troop.
This team goes as Howard goes, crazy thought.

Yes, but maybe that will increasingly mean Howard Washington as well.

Thank God that ended well. That 6 point flourish with about 4 minutes to go to take it from a 4 point lead to 10 was the ballgame.

I didn't take that as blaming. Just stating a reality that would seem impossible in years past.

That’s a real stretch. How many 9pm games against a winless conference opponent on a weekday on a snowy night have we had? I go to all the games and I applaud all the fans who actually went, battled the snow and late start time on a Tuesday night against a winless Pitt team. That’s reality.

That’s a real stretch. How many 9pm games against a winless conference opponent on a weekday on a snowy night have we had? I go to all the games and I applaud all the fans who actually went, battled the snow and late start time on a Tuesday night against a winless Pitt team. That’s reality.
I love them for staying as long as they did! We didn't provide great entertainment tonight. Hope they enjoyed their times and travel safely and swiftly home.

Ugly, ugly, ugly. A win is a win though. Play this way against any other team in the ACC and this game was a loss. Just shows that with this SU team nothing can be taken for granted. Howard the only SU player that played really well in my opinion and he shot 35% from the field and 28.5% from 3. First game in a while with more assists than turnovers.

Ugly, ugly, ugly. A win is a win though. Play this way against any other team in the ACC and this game was a loss. Just shows that with this SU team nothing can be taken for granted. Howard the only SU player that played really well in my opinion and he shot 35% from the field and 28.5% from 3. First game in a while with more assists than turnovers.

i thought howard played pretty good as well, also should mention his shooting percentage is somewhat skewered due to the amount of long contested shots he has to chuck up when the shot clock is coming down..all in all we def need to improve on the offensive end and recognizing shooters but the main thing and the most important we can take from tonight is that we WON, its good to get back in the W column and even though it wasn't inspiring hopefully we get some moment from this and move on to the next one

i thought howard played pretty good as well, also should mention his shooting percentage is somewhat skewered due to the amount of long contested shots he has to chuck up when the shot clock is coming down..all in all we def need to improve on the offensive end and recognizing shooters but the main thing and the most important we can take from tonight is that we WON, its good to get back in the W column and even though it wasn't inspiring hopefully we get some moment from this and move on to the next one

Youve got a good point. This W of substandard play counts more toward the chance at the dance than playing great at Florida State(2md half, anyhow), and not coming away with the win. If we were getting top 25 votes, it would be the other way around, but that's not the case.

For the folks saying this was the worst SU team theyve ever seen, are they already forgetting the capability they showed in the 2nd half vs FSU, on the road? Hard to tell if hyperbole, but it didn't seem to be.

Very good point on the fact that Howard is forced to throw up shots at the end of the shot clock, thus lowering his shooting %, especially from the 3-point line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom