Pitt game | Syracusefan.com

Pitt game

Orangezoo

In the wind
watching the pitt - tech game I was reminded all too often of what they used to do to us. I expect a physical miami like pace. We need our bigs to rebound well and to be efficient on offense. They make the game so ugly. Preparing for the usual frustrating game. I think ennis will be a difference maker because of his efficiency but uggh I could do without them in the ACC.

5 linebackers playing college hoops isnt pretty if they score 100. 31 free throws mixed with a bunch of pushing and shoving makes for awful basketball. It also makes for early tourney exits.

You guys are obviously worried about saturday. You shouldnt be. You guys are obviously superior.

You guys are obviously worried about saturday. You shouldnt be. You guys are obviously superior.
I'm worried. Pitt physicality is our kryptonite. We will lose one of the two pitt games. I am counting on it unfortunately.

I am more curious than anything on how we fare against them this season. Our team is actually pretty tough and physical this year, and judging from a lot of the comments on Pitts board, they appear to be under the impression that we will be the ones slowing the game down this time instead of them. It will be a tough game because of familiarity, but I like our chances.

This game should be Rak's coming out party to show the world how tough he really is .. he plays well we will dominate.

This game should be Rak's coming out party to show the world how tough he really is .. he plays well we will dominate.
Mmmmmmhmmmmm

We are a better team. I hope rak is called early and often on bullchit fouls.

I am more curious than anything on how we fare against them this season. Our team is actually pretty tough and physical this year, and judging from a lot of the comments on Pitts board, they appear to be under the impression that we will be the ones slowing the game down this time instead of them. It will be a tough game because of familiarity, but I like our chances.

Me too. Need to rebound like we've rebounded all year, defend the interior, and make shots.

We do those three things, we'll be fine.

Remember when we never beat Louisville and we beat them twice in 2011-12? Well that is what is going to happen with Pitt this year.

watching the pitt - tech game I was reminded all too often of what they used to do to us. I expect a physical miami like pace. We need our bigs to rebound well and to be efficient on offense. They make the game so ugly. Preparing for the usual frustrating game. I think ennis will be a difference maker because of his efficiency but uggh I could do without them in the ACC.

I thought they looked very good. Their guard play was very strong, and their interior passing has always been top notch. Their defense isn't quite what it usually is, but their offensive execution looked outstanding. This is going to be a tough game.

I thought they looked very good. Their guard play was very strong, and their interior passing has always been top notch. Their defense isn't quite what it usually is, but their offensive execution looked outstanding. This is going to be a tough game.

Yeah, they shot 57% from the floor (though only 2-7 from three), and outrebounded GT 38-18. IMO, TE's and JG's play will be a big key. Pitt is physical - will TE and JG be able to play their games?

Yes - this was very much my point. They moved the ball well in the half court. Tech's zone sucked but since we know Dixon plays agains the zone well I fully expect them to work it around well. Key for them will be can anyone make an outside shot. JB will certainly look to pack it in more and make them shoot over the top like UNC.

With it a given they will have some success scoring the fact their defense is not its' usual self should be our advantage. We can beat them on the boards and score on them given they lack quickness and an interior presence. Going to be tough for sure.

This will be the type of game DC2 was made for. I doubt he'll be able to play though. Seems his injury is a lot worse than they are letting on. I didn't notice Pitt playing much different last night than they have in the past. They have very good interior passing. Score mostly within 5 ft of the basket. Very physical beat you up on the boards. They have a lot of guys that are 6'8 245 and even their guards are built like linebackers. Same old, same old. Hope our guys are ready to mix it up.

I watched for the grabbing in the first few minutes and indeed saw a couple of times the Pitt player's hand wrapped around the hip of the opposing player, clearly trying to hold them back. But I didn't see any more examples so focused on other things.

Pitt looked better than I thought they would. Very good passing to the low post and interior passing - will be interesting to see if they can do it against the Cuse. This has been a weakness of SU's for a long time, but this season it is not. I was particularly impressed with Rak's interior defensive effort against Baylor's bigs which are top offensive talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom