Pitt or Louisville tonight? | Syracusefan.com

Pitt or Louisville tonight?

Marsh01

Living Legend
I say Louisville. Here are my reasons.

I do not want Pitt to have ANY momentum whatsoever going into our game on Saturday.
It worked for Villanova as they started balls hot against us and we got behind early.
Pitt is in third place in conference. Losing tonight and Saturday eliminates any miracle that they have of winning the conference.

Tonight its go Cards. (puke)

I think UL having 4 losses already pretty much ends any shot they have of winning the conference. They'd pretty much have to win out to have any shot. Simply, Pitt isn't as good as UL and will have a few more losses the rest of the way.

And I don't think Pitt winning today compares to Nova beating UL.

And I don't think Pitt winning today compares to Nova beating UL.

Sure it does. Pitt is coming in having won 4 in a row and I dont want that momentum to build anymore by them knocking off Louisville.

I say Louisville. Here are my reasons.

I do not want Pitt to have ANY momentum whatsoever going into our game on Saturday.
It worked for Villanova as they started balls hot against us and we got behind early.
Pitt is in third place in conference. Losing tonight and Saturday eliminates any miracle that they have of winning the conference.

Tonight its go Cards. (puke)
I agree with you. Last thing we need is a red hot Pitt with high confidence. Plus, Ville is our signature win. If they keep losing that win really gets tarnished. Outside of Marquette (on the road) we may not play another ranked team in the regular season.

tough call, but I'll go with Pitt.

For all the reasons listed above I will definitely be rooting for L'ville. But by far the biggest reason is that I hate Pitt, the city, the fans, the Steelers, the Pirates, the Mayor, the polluted rivers ,Jaime Dixon, the mascot and even the cheerleaders...I hope they lose by 30. BTW, where's that POS Krauser ? In SingSing with a big dude from the 'cuse in his cell I hope.

Pitt tonight.

Best assist/turnover ratio in the league. The pace will be unbearably slow compared to what Louisville wants to play at. Wayne Blackshear, starting forward for Ville is out. Matchup problem for Pitt avoided.

Hard to believe this talented of a Louisville team could lose 4 in a row, but I think tonight they do.

Ville...Close game. Expecting a lot of defense in a game that doesn't hit 60.

I agree with you. Last thing we need is a red hot Pitt with high confidence. Plus, Ville is our signature win. If they keep losing that win really gets tarnished. Outside of Marquette (on the road) we may not play another ranked team in the regular season.
Yes! Louisville has to get their groove back! Although it may seem to be about them, it is really all about US.

by far the biggest reason is that I hate Pitt, the city, the fans, the Steelers, the Pirates, the Mayor, the polluted rivers ,Jaime Dixon, the mascot and even the cheerleaders...I hope they lose by 30. BTW, where's that POS Krauser ? In SingSing with a big dude from the 'cuse in his cell I hope.
as the great Brett Hart once said "if the United States of America needed an enema, Pittsburgh is where they'd stick the hose."

as the great Brett Hart once said "if the United States of America needed an enema, Pittsburgh is where they'd stick the hose."

I would have thought Storz

A lot of empty courtside seats at the Yum tonight.

Neither team can defensive rebound tonight. Pittsburgh can't shoot. I

Plus, Ville is our signature win. If they keep losing that win really gets tarnished. Outside of Marquette (on the road) we may not play another ranked team in the regular season.

Yes! Louisville has to get their groove back! Although it may seem to be about them, it is really all about US.

I know I've said this before, but I really wish people would stop thinking along these lines.

When we were 21-10 and being discussed as a bubble team then I'd agree with wanting a win like that to look as good as possible.

Those days are gone, my friends. We live in a much better age. When we're 27-4, or whatever it may be, it isn't going to matter nearly as much. We can win it all as either a 1 or a 2 seed.

I do, however, agree that it is all about US!