Pitt still has dirty players, eh? | Syracusefan.com

Pitt still has dirty players, eh?

OttoMets

Living Legend
How bout that leg sweep?

Also, one thought on Kevin Stallings: based on Pitt and Vandy's recent history, there's only one reasonable conclusion. The SEC is horrible.

The offensive foul on battle was an utter joke.
As was the charge call on Frank. Went to the side of the Pitt defender who went all Premier League and flopped! This will only continue to get worse if refs keep rewarding defenders for just falling over. Perhaps the rule book for a charge should have a picture of Marek getting trucked by Zion!

The refs today were horrible. Pitt mugged our guys repeatedly, especially Battle and the zebras swallowed their whistles.

What, these weren't the ND refs from football? Bad refs all look the same to me.

Giminski said that Battle got himself on the wrong side of the refs with his whining about calls.

That may be so. Pitt mugged Battle early and I thought Battle should have gotten calls, but he refs "need glasses." BAttle got mouthy to the refs. Unfortunately, refs are human and Giminski may be more correct than we would want him to be.

Every 50/50 call involving Tyus went against him. There were about 6 of them. It got him pissed so he went beast mode.
He was hacked and tripped driving the lane going away from the student section. As he fell he was looking at the ref with an expression of disbelief, happened RIGHT in front of us. Then things got chippy before everyone went back to their huddles for the timeout.

I thought they swallowed their whistles at some confusing times and then tried to reverse course and control the game a little tighter midway through the 2nd. Overall, at best a “C” effort from the zebras yesterday.

John Gaffney was great, he interacted with the fans during stoppages and was open and honest about calls. It was fun to watch.

Last edited:
I dunno...it was their guy who needed the fight doctor to fix his face...
Yeah, Marek caught him with a rangey elbow on the way to the floor. His face ballooned up in a hurry. They were trying to drain it quickly.

Yeah, Marek caught him with a rangey elbow on the way to the floor. His face ballooned up in a hurry. They were trying to drain it quickly.

I think I also saw another hard hit a bit after that one, that didnt draw much attention from the announcers or anyone. I'm not saying anything was on purpose, just that it happened. Sometimes people want to continue labels, but what I saw from Pitt was a team that fought hard, when many other teams would have lied down. If we want to talk about teams getting away with stuff, we would only have to go back one game earlier for a much better example, in my opinion.

Because he cries and makes stupid gestures like a 7th grader at the YMCA on a Saturday morning.
If you had ever played the game,or any sport, you find that around the 3rd or 4th time you get tripped,hacked and hit on the elbow while shooting without a whistle, human nature kicks in a little and you react. You might not know that if you never played sports so I’m not blaming you for posting that.

Because he cries and makes stupid gestures like a 7th grader at the YMCA on a Saturday morning.

Is this a general observation of Tyus? Or specific to yesterday? He was absolutely screwed in the first half yesterday. Not a good look to go off like he did, but once he composed himself at half time and went from 7th grader at the Y to the unstoppable 45 year old at the Y.

Did my eyes deceive me, or did Marek literally get kicked in the face with no call on that amazing pump fake (which he is starting to use EFFECTIVELY finally).

If you had ever played the game,or any sport, you find that around the 3rd or 4th time you get tripped,hacked and hit on the elbow while shooting without a whistle, human nature kicks in a little and you react. You might not know that if you never played sports so I’m not blaming you for posting that.
FYI - Shaggy was a college basketball player, and a coach. Good in both respects.