Pitt sucks... | Syracusefan.com

Pitt sucks...

had 3 fouls to use in the last 8 seconds and only used 1 and gave up a 3

terrible

With 2 fouls to give, that should've never happened.

That strategy makes sense to prevent a 3 pt shot at the end of the game, but not sure I subscribe to it for the end of the first half.
Even though you're not into the bonus yet, do you really have fouls to give in the first half?
The players are still going to carry those fouls into the 2nd half, limiting the number of fouls they can get then.
I think I'd rather give up a basket at the end of the half than risk 2nd half foul trouble for any of the players.

That strategy makes sense to prevent a 3 pt shot at the end of the game, but not sure I subscribe to it for the end of the first half.
Even though you're not into the bonus yet, do you really have fouls to give in the first half?
The players are still going to carry those fouls into the 2nd half, limiting the number of fouls they can get then.
I think I'd rather give up a basket at the end of the half than risk 2nd half foul trouble for any of the players.
Dixon put bench players in to foul, there is no excuse for Fla to get a shot off in that situation. Looks like Dixon won't allow his guys to attack their press. When they have an advantage verse the press they need to take it, instead of playing against the Gators half court defense. Dixon is playing not to lose.

Pitt had 4 players that played with no fouls and 4 that played with one foul plus a few players on the bench that didn't play and of course had no fouls. They had a good chance of fouling 2 more times and end the half with no player having more than one foul.

Dixon put bench players in to foul, there is no excuse for Fla to get a shot off in that situation. Looks like Dixon won't allow his guys to attack their press. When they have an advantage verse the press they need to take it, instead of playing against the Gators half court defense. Dixon is playing not to lose.
Okay, I missed that and the final seconds of the half. If you've got bench players to put in to foul, that changes things a bit.
I still wouldn't want any of my key players fouling in that situation - would rather save the fouls for 2nd half or possible overtime.

Wow. Was the entire Pitt team out drinking to 6am?

One of the more pathetic offensive displays I've ever seen - they all look scared. They quadruple pump themselves into blocks where the defense doesn't even have to jump.

Ugly

Yeah, they look like they are sleepwalking on both ends of the floor

Their problem is they can't score. They had 27 points in the first 30 minutes of this game.

As bad as they're playing, if they didn't give up that ridiculous 3 at the end of the first half they'd only be down 6 with 3+ minutes to go.

I think the reason Pitt looks bad is because Florida is just that good.

I think the reason Pitt looks bad is because Florida is just that good.
No. Disagree. Pitt looked this bad because its the tournament and they always look this bad. The fact it was never more than a 10 point lead for pretty much the entire game is weird because Pitt was beyond awful.

and another Dixon blow by handshake:crazy:

Every year Pitt plays their best games against Syracuse and show their butts to the world in the Big Dance. Really pathetic .

No. Disagree. Pitt looked this bad because its the tournament and they always look this bad. The fact it was never more than a 10 point lead for pretty much the entire game is weird because Pitt was beyond awful.
They stopped competing at the 12 min mark.

To Pitts credit they were in It for a half.

I just got home and saw Billy Donovan's post game on the court interview. Based on how he was talking up his team, I expected to see a score of 85-60. He was saying how is was nice to see them play like they are capable of, that they were so much better than the first game. Really? 61-45 against a crappy offensive Pitt team? I'm with Kenny Smith, you beat Fla by making them shoot the three. Take away the drives and dunks. Gosh I hope we get our shot at these guys. Our zone can force them to the perimeter.

LGO!!

That is why you have a bench. You bring in your 9th and 10th string players.

Pitt had a lot of unforced turnovers

In the first half that kept Pitt around.. they only had one turnover in the second half IIRC.

In the first half that kept Pitt around.. they only had one turnover in the second half IIRC.

Yeah, saw that. Remarkable. I wouldn't dismiss Florida at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom