Pitt writer calls Boeheim "arrogant and unprofessional" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt writer calls Boeheim "arrogant and unprofessional"

hoopsupstate said:
This has nothing to do with his coaching ability. His record speaks for itself and I'm not asking him to go anywhere, but it would be nice if he showed a little class from time to time. Interacting with the media is part of his job and with the University and his program being questioned it might be a good time to tone down his act.

He shows a lot of class from time to time. He's generally great when he does ESPN interviews with Bilas or some of the other shows. He cut a pretty classy tribute for Coach K. He's great in those coaches round table interviews at ACC media days.

I sometimes wonder if JB has heard of the golden rule.

Pitt writers should know all about arrogant and unprofessional coaches. Pot, meet kettle....

dasher said:
Thank God you are here to translate

We may understand JB, but the majority of the people who follow college basketball don't.

We can't just say, "I don't give a damn what those people think."

Noone cares if you are an alumn and are offended by JB. He is who he is, so love him or don't. He isn't going anywhere. Im sure you wish we had a sweetheart headcoach and a losing season every year for 40 years running too.

Thats a little over the top. Jay Wright is a very well behaved and considerate coach and he wins consistently with half the talent we get. (yes, i am aware he hasnt won a title...)
There is a huge huge middle ground between JB and sweetheart. And you know it !

Thats a little over the top. Jay Wright is a very well behaved and considerate coach and he wins consistently with half the talent we get. (yes, i am aware he hasnt won a title...)
There is a huge huge middle ground between JB and sweetheart. And you know it !
Im not arguing that. Im just saying he is not going to change, and people are happy with his results on the court. So who gives a crap.

So apparently this just happened:

Corey Cohen‏@CoreyECohen
Jim Boeheim just called into Joe Starkey during a commercial break here at The Fan to apologize for his unprofessionalism on Saturday.

So apparently this just happened:

Corey Cohen‏@CoreyECohen
Jim Boeheim just called into Joe Starkey during a commercial break here at The Fan to apologize for his unprofessionalism on Saturday.

This is what Boeheim was like after hearing that news:

c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.jpg

Dean Smith's passing reminded me how tough he was on the press. If you wanted to disagree with Dean about how the game was played, you were told it was the "Carolina Way" and if you didn't understand that, don't bother asking anything else. Dean Smith was easily as tough as JB in his pressers.

I can't stand media folks who act like they're owed something. The games aren't about them...and more and more sites like this are making what they do irrelevant. Their job is to get eyeballs, which means focusing on scandals on nonsense. Of course they're not respected. This is the business they've chosen.

I can't stand media folks who act like they're owed something. The games aren't about them...and more and more sites like this are making what they do irrelevant. Their job is to get eyeballs, which means focusing on scandals on nonsense. Of course they're not respected. This is the business they've chosen.
I hate it when media people "decide" for us what is important or not.