Plain and simple we need post scoring | Syracusefan.com

Plain and simple we need post scoring

Alsacs

Living Legend
We can't continue just rely on making shots.
Guards need to practice passing and we need to recruits bigs who can score.
Our bigs have all been non-offensive threats except Lydon since Rak left.

Sidibe has upside but we need another big for next year where we can throw him the ball and atleast be a threat offensively. It shouldn't be hard for a program like Syracuse to find a big who can be a threat.

This is on the coaching staff. I actually have faith they can recruit one. We just need to prioritize it.

Really seems like Moyer has a knack for finishing. Wonder why we dont try to get him looks down low more often.

We can't continue just rely on making shots.
Guards need to practice passing and we need to recruits bigs who can score.
Our bigs have all been non-offensive threats except Lydon since Rak left.

Sidibe has upside but we need another big for next year where we can throw him the ball and atleast be a threat offensively. It shouldn't be hard for a program like Syracuse to find a big who can be a threat.

This is on the coaching staff. I actually have faith they can recruit one. We just need to prioritize it.

Between Coleman’s injuries, Diagne, and now Sidibe’s injuries, we’ve had some horrible luck in this department that is not all on the coaches.

We definitely need another big, maybe 2. Even if the surgery goes well, what happens if Sidibe's knees act up again and it affects his game?

Between Coleman’s injuries, Diagne, and now Sidibe’s injuries, we’ve had some horrible luck in this department that is not all on the coaches.
I meant on the coaching staff to fix. I said I think they can as well. As long as JB thinks we need more post scoring.

I meant on the coaching staff to fix. I said I think they can as well. As long as JB thinks we need more post scoring.

When we've had guys who could score in the box, we've gone to them. Most of the time, however, we're recruiting bigs for defense, shot blocking, and to get out of the way offensively. Hopefully Sidibe and an experienced Chukwu will provide a formidable tandem next year. Would like to see us add a third [or a 4/5 hybrid who can play both, unlike Moyer and Brissett who don't fit that mold]. Nate Roberts could have been that guy - oh well.

When we've had guys who could score in the box, we've gone to them. Most of the time, however, we're recruiting bigs for defense, shot blocking, and to get out of the way offensively. Hopefully Sidibe and an experienced Chukwu will provide a formidable tandem next year. Would like to see us add a third [or a 4/5 hybrid who can play both, unlike Moyer and Brissett who don't fit that mold]. Nate Roberts could have been that guy - oh well.
Are you confident Chukwu returns?

Are you confident Chukwu returns?

Anything can happen, but I'm certainly expecting that to happen.

There's been lots of speculation about his motivation, but he's played massive PT this year. I'm guessing that a lot of off-court stuff will get smoothed out. ESPECIALLY if they make the tourney and have a solid run.

Are you really counting on any of centers the on this roster.? We need to add one to this class asap

Nate Roberts is not even in the rotation at Brewster......I dont see where he would have contributed next year at all...

To win a NC you need a post threat. Craig Forth wasn't our post threat but Hakim Warrick was.

Even when Nova won they had Daniel Ochefu who was exactly what I think Syracuse can recruit.

If your offense doesn't have a real legit big man it won't win it all. JB wanting defense from the big is noble but it won't win a NC.

Syracuse needs to have a post presence.

because he's auditioning for the dribbling between-the-legs olympics above the key.

Only because jb’s offensive gameplan nominated him for the spot.

Its annoying. Moyer seems to be the only guy excitedly looking to dunk when given even an inch downlow

Dejuan's issues have zero correlation to Sidibe's. That article last week did a nice job summarizing what will happen after Sidibe has corrective surgery.
Because surgery has never failed to correct something.

Dejuan's issues have zero correlation to Sidibe's. That article last week did a nice job summarizing what will happen after Sidibe has corrective surgery.
Totally different surgeries. I guess psychologically after what happened to DeJuan, I can't get the concern out of the back of my mind. That being said, you are right, Sidibe's surgery is nothing close to Coleman's.

Because surgery has never failed to correct something.

Microfracture knee issues >>>>>>>>>> tendinitis.

Sidibe's going to be fine. My only issue is that I wish that the staff would have been able to shut him down earlier, so that he could get rehabbing faster and spend as much time this summer working on his game instead of just trying to get back physically to square one.

Sidibe has a lot more than just upside.

He's the answer to your search for post scoring. People will be amazed when they see what he can do at 100% next year.
Absolutely. We've already seen it, too.

Nate Roberts is not even in the rotation at Brewster...I dont see where he would have contributed next year at all...

I didn't suggest he'd be a contributor -- just that I want to add a third big, as an insurance policy for the other two.

We didn't land Roberts, so the point is moot -- but I'd still like to see us use one of the open scholarships on a big for the class of 2018.

Anything can happen, but I'm certainly expecting that to happen.

There's been lots of speculation about his motivation, but he's played massive PT this year. I'm guessing that a lot of off-court stuff will get smoothed out. ESPECIALLY if they make the tourney and have a solid run.
If someone told me before the season that Chukwu would be playing 27 mpg and producing as he has defensively, I wouldn't have believed it.

If someone told me before the season that Chukwu would be playing 27 mpg and producing as he has defensively, I wouldn't have believed it.
Chukwu would be perfect in the Baye Keita role off the bench behind a big who could help offensively.
BMK was great for the program but wasn’t the first big on the team.

We need some offense from the 5. BMK actually improved on offense but that team didn’t look for him.

... just that I want to add a third big, as an insurance policy for the other two.
This I do agree with. I see no reason to not be pursing another big for the -18 class.

I'm certain Sidibe is talented, but SU has been playing with a thin roster for far too long now. There's no reason to not go for someone even if Bourama could be expected to play 35 mpg at 20/10 next season.

Our guards most work on feeding the post and learning how to pass.
It is simple fundamentals that would help the offense tenfold.
These types of improvements happen in practice with repetition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom