Plain and simple we need post scoring | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Plain and simple we need post scoring

If someone told me before the season that Chukwu would be playing 27 mpg and producing as he has defensively, I wouldn't have believed it.
I didn't think he could play that many minutes without fouling out. The blocks were going to be there.

Our guards most work on feeding the post and learning how to pass.
It is simple fundamentals that would help the offense tenfold.
These types of improvements happen in practice with repetition.

Frank has no problems passing into the post. But when time after time they don’t catch it, it’s not going to happen as much.

Chukwu would be perfect in the Baye Keita role off the bench behind a big who could help offensively.
BMK was great for the program but wasn’t the first big on the team.

We need some offense from the 5. BMK actually improved on offense but that team didn’t look for him.
When fully healthy, they will make a potent center tandem next season, with JB deploying them as game situations dictate.

We should be seeing more back to the basket game from OB and Battle when he's guarded by someone smaller. Post ups can come from any position.

We should be seeing more back to the basket game from OB and Battle when he's guarded by someone smaller. Post ups can come from any position.

I said the same thing in the downside post today. OB had more than a few opportunities last night and his efforts to get good position were never rewarded. Frustrating to watch, and I'm sure it's frustrating for him. That takes a lot of energy to get that post position and hold it. You have to get him the ball.

When fully healthy, they will make a potent center tandem next season, with JB deploying them as game situations dictate.

How do you know if he ever be fully healthy.We need Biggs why is that so hard to understand?

I don’t think it is as automatic as you make it out to be. Hopefully you’re right! Those guys are still raw. Bourama still has a lot of upside. It probably took Chukwu a TON of work even to get to this point. Can he improve even more? Good teams go right at him and aren’t really worried about him. Offensively he still needs a LOT of work. I’m just worried about Bourama not being able to work on his game and strength until his knee issues are straightened out. He needs to strenghten his lower body especially. To me, their ceiling is something like a Mahmoud/Spalding combo and I’d be more than fine with that. Boeheim won’t be running offense through there anyways.

I don’t think it is as automatic as you make it out to be. Hopefully you’re right! Those guys are still raw. Bourama still has a lot of upside. It probably took Chukwu a TON of work even to get to this point. Can he improve even more? Good teams go right at him and aren’t really worried about him. Offensively he still needs a LOT of work. I’m just worried about Bourama not being able to work on his game and strength until his knee issues are straightened out. He needs to strenghten his lower body especially. To me, their ceiling is something like a Mahmoud/Spalding combo and I’d be more than fine with that. Boeheim won’t be running offense through there anyways.
Obviously, there is no guarantee that they will both stay healthy, but it's not unreasonable to expect improvement and greater consistency from both of them, particularly on the offensive end. Right now, these two are combining for about 9 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocked shots per game. I could see those numbers jumping to 12, 12 and 5 next season, which would go a long way on what should be a more offensively balanced team.

Obviously, there is no guarantee that they will both stay healthy, but it's not unreasonable to expect improvement and greater consistency from both of them, particularly on the offensive end. Right now, these two are combining for about 9 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocked shots per game. I could see those numbers jumping to 12, 12 and 5 next season.

You raise an interesting point. Despite some of the "complaints," they're actually performing at a clip that isn't too bad. Most years, we'd kill for 10 / 10 from the centers. This year, we're underwhelmed -- which is a sign that they are both capable of more. And we'll get more from them next year, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom