Planning your vacation around the SU Schedule | Syracusefan.com

Planning your vacation around the SU Schedule

cpatrocks

Starter
OK so the GF and I are planning some time away from Syracuse during the winter. The deal we have is we can go anywhere warm as long as I am not away when we have a home game - cause I can't miss a game!

The two big windows are 1/19/13-1/31/13 and 2/20/13-3/03/13. I am leaning towards the February vacation, but the big drawback is that I am not sure exactly where we are going (some place tropical most likely) and access to cable/directv for the away games is always dicey. I can't imagine not watching the SU@ Duke game on TV while on vacation - but who knows what will be available down there.

Am I the only one who thinks of this stuff before committing to take off for a week?

Ha! Heck no. I've done the same thing. For Christmas in 2010 and 2011, my girlfriend and I flew out to San Diego to be with her family for two weeks. Before we flew out each time, I had to make sure that plans were in place to allow me to watch all of the SU games that would be played during that time, whether that meant watching them on the TV downstairs, watching them on my laptop, or going to Starbucks to use the wifi to watch them there.

That reminds me. During my move from Billings, Montana down to Athens, GA in January 2010, I purposedly planned a stop at the Barnes & Noble in Columbia, Missouri on day 3 of the drive so that I could watch our game against USF on my laptop.

Take a trip down to Florida the week of Jan 20th. You could enjoy the nice weather, see SU play at Miami, and miss 0 games (there's a week with no games between Jan 18th vs Pitt and Jan 25th at Miami).

^^I thought about the Miami thing - seeing them beat up on the Hurricaines would be fun, but we did the Florida thing last winter and we were talking about going some place tropical.

^^I thought about the Miami thing - seeing them beat up on the Hurricaines would be fun, but we did the Florida thing last winter and we were talking about going some place tropical.
Aspen?

" I'll tell ya where we'll go. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talkin' bout a little place called"

Aspen?

" I'll tell ya where we'll go. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talkin' bout a little place called"
Aspen!

I don't know edowd the French are as$holes

:rolling:

tee - Copy (6).jpg

I just unwittingly agreed to go to a Justin Timberlake concert in Buffalo with my gf the same night as SU @ Duke. Man card officially revoked.

I plan my vacations every year to be able to go to a Syracuse football road game -Knoxville, Ann Arbor, LA, Seattle, Salt Lake City, etc...

My wife and I have reservations at Disney for Christmas. After we made the reservations, we decided to go all in for season tickets. Instead of leaving Disney on the 38th, we'll be leaving on the 26th at O'dark thirty to drive to SU for the Nova game. Then we'll head back home to Fairfax. Well worth the extra 800 miles...

I just unwittingly agreed to go to a Justin Timberlake concert in Buffalo with my gf the same night as SU @ Duke. Man card officially revoked.
Assuming that this is a decision that will be a long term positive for the two of you, I'd Very begrudgingly say OK. Having said that, does she have any idea at all how much payback you have coming? :noidea:

Assuming that this is a decision that will be a long term positive for the two of you, I'd Very begrudgingly say OK. Having said that, does she have any idea at all how much payback you have coming? :noidea:

Hahaha well she has already gotten me tickets to Bills-Bengals next month (I know, that might be more of a punishment than payback) and got pit road passes for the Indycar race in Toronto this past July. I figure I owe her one more than she owes me. The game is at 6 and the concert is at 8. Hopefully I can watch most of it beforehand. After that, thank God for ESPN mobile.

How about going to Hawaii for the Maui tournament, but staying there two weeks? That's what VA Orange and I are doing. Three SU games... and four or five of the islands.

How about going to Hawaii for the Maui tournament, but staying there two weeks? That's what VA Orange and I are doing. Three SU games... and four or five of the islands.

Sounds like the perfect trip to me. Do you own any luggage that can fit a 6'1" guy in it?

Hahaha well she has already gotten me tickets to Bills-Bengals next month (I know, that might be more of a punishment than payback) and got pit road passes for the Indycar race in Toronto this past July. I figure I owe her one more than she owes me. The game is at 6 and the concert is at 8. Hopefully I can watch most of it beforehand. After that, thank God for ESPN mobile.

A big part of why I'm so passionate about Syracuse sports is that my family shares in the experience - they may not check message boards every day, but they go to games with me often and I can always expect a call from siblings and parents after big games. If you've found someone that's willing to indulge in your passions (Like the Bills and auto racing), you have something special...and you have an obligation to indulge in hers. Enjoy the JT concert, your man card isn't going to be revoked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom