Played bad, we beat them next time | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Played bad, we beat them next time

Have you ever noticed too that we don't take advantage of mismatches at all. A couple times tonight, Marek was being covered by their point guard, and not only did they not look to get the ball to him, but Marek didn't try to make himself available for a pass or lob. Frustrating.

Absolutely. It's why teams never take our pick and roll seriously. The guards have no ability to feed the post. The only time you'll ever see a successful feed to the post will be from one of the bigs to another. Marek to Obrissy, or the like.

Absolutely. It's why teams never take our pick and roll seriously. The guards have no ability to feed the post. The only time you'll ever see a successful feed to the post will be from one of the bigs to another. Marek to Obrissy, or the like.

Maybe thats why bigs arent flocking here, to put it mildly.

On a side note, I have to give FSU kudos for their acting job on fouls tonight. Some of the finest I've seen all season. It was a team effort too. Not just 1 or 2 players.

I think the source of the problem is not the guards.

Man, did not expect to be blown out. My health cannot take the 1-2 hot potato passes on PNR to chuk, I dont blame him for not being ready to catch the ball especially when they feed that to him once a game...but man, seeing chuk bobble the ball out of bounds into the 3rd row is cringe worthy lol.

I thought we would lose. They are a tough match up for us. I posted that second and third attempts would kill us. Combined with FSU shooting so well and this was over early.
SU is an OK team that if hot can beat most teams. We have a horrible time with pressure as we are extremely weak at the point. We dont have one player who actually has a good handle. Hughes cant dribble, Frank wilts under pressure, Marek cant dribble, Buddy Carey OB are all average at best. Tyus is our best but isnt elite. We really need a true PG lets hope that one of the incoming frosh can perform or that Carey improves dramatically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom