Player tracking - Purdue Travel Roster | Syracusefan.com

Player tracking - Purdue Travel Roster

LeMoyneCuse

All American
I've been compiling participation, starts, and known injuries in an Excel doc for the first three games. The first travel roster of the season gave me more information that I wanted to share. Please note that I am just trying to aggregate information here. I have no insights aside from those gleaned from Twitter and this board.

Below are non-true freshman scholarship players who do not have confirmed injuries and who did not make the trip to Purdue (Signified by burnt orange). Because we know Pena, More, and Ellis are hurt, they are not on this list.

Post Purdue Roster.png

I think, based on what has been reported and noticed so far, that Bassette and Moelo are still hurt. Special teams ace Mekhi Mason hasn't played since Colgate (and Moultrie-Goddard, freshman LB, saw action against Purdue), so I think it's fair to assume he's hurt as well.

It appears JUCO transfers Buxton, Hawkins, and Branham haven't made much of an impact yet. Von Marburg is clearly #2 to Stonehouse.

So that leaves speculation on Oliver (who, as noted last week may be on Dino's naughty list), Kauhi (who appears to be below true freshman Bass on the depth chart), and Francis Nolton - who despite some regard coming out of high school has yet to make an appearance for the Orange.

I've been compiling participation, starts, and known injuries in an Excel doc for the first three games. The first travel roster of the season gave me more information that I wanted to share. Please note that I am just trying to aggregate information here. I have no insights aside from those gleaned from Twitter and this board.

Below are non-true freshman scholarship players who do not have confirmed injuries and who did not make the trip to Purdue (Signified by burnt orange). Because we know Pena, More, and Ellis are hurt, they are not on this list.

View attachment 231317

I think, based on what has been reported and noticed so far, that Bassette and Moelo are still hurt. Special teams ace Mekhi Mason hasn't played since Colgate (and Moultrie-Goddard, freshman LB, saw action against Purdue), so I think it's fair to assume he's hurt as well.

It appears JUCO transfers Buxton, Hawkins, and Branham haven't made much of an impact yet. Von Marburg is clearly #2 to Stonehouse.

So that leaves speculation on Oliver (who, as noted last week may be on Dino's naughty list), Kauhi (who appears to be below true freshman Bass on the depth chart), and Francis Nolton - who despite some regard coming out of high school has yet to make an appearance for the Orange.
Super helpful thank you. Thought I saw Norton on the field one of the first two games. But I could have that wrong easily too.

Super helpful thank you. Thought I saw Norton on the field one of the first two games. But I could have that wrong easily too.
I use participation reports on Cuse.com, and I don't see him. So glad it's their job to monitor and not mine!

A lot stood out to me looking over the first travel roster.

True Freshman who traveled:
OL Travion Mack
LB Zyian Moultrie-Goddard
RB Ike Daniels
WR Darrell Gill
TE David Clement
DL Rashard Perry

Random Notes
Both JUCO Dbs traveled
DB Jakobie Seabourn
DB Berry Buxton
RB Mario Escobar (walkon) traveled over both Juco/Scholarship RBs
other Walkons
WR Wellington,
DL Elijah Wright
LB Josh Kubala
LB Ryan Dolan
QB Luke MacPhail

Who didn't travel: (niether juco RB) - and as you noted
RB Deston Hawkins
RB JJ Branham
P Marburg
DE Nolton - (anyone notice if he's been dressed on the sideline?)
LB Mekih Mason
DL Blazaire Bassett
OL Austyn Kauhi
S Bralyen Oliver

Only 6 seniors on the travel roster
WR Adams
OL Bleich
DB Simmons
QB Shrader
DB Johnson
DE Okechukwu

To build on what PhatOrange said - Mario Escobar and Ryan Dolan are special teams staples going back to last season. Wellington seems to have some sort of coaching / play signaling role.

Super cool that Kubala, the CNS walk-on whose Mom was at Fort Drum, seems to have carved out a niche for himself as well.

A lot stood out to me looking over the first travel
Only 6 seniors on the travel roster
WR Adams
OL Bleich
DB Simmons
QB Shrader
DB Johnson
DE Okechukwu
Wow. Next year has so much potential… if we can find someone capable to replace GS.

To build on what PhatOrange said - Mario Escobar and Ryan Dolan are special teams staples going back to last season. Wellington seems to have some sort of coaching / play signaling role.

Super cool that Kubala, the CNS walk-on whose Mom was at Fort Drum, seems to have carved out a niche for himself as well.

yep it's great. CNS, Solvay and Skanneatles. If the walkons can carve out a role on specials then that's a huge win for the team and them.

I was very surprised the number of walkons that traveled, and traveled over upperclassman on scholarship. The 2 juco running backs are surprising to me. Everyone else is I think might be hurt except for Oliver (and Marburg).