Players...and it begins... | Syracusefan.com

Players...and it begins...

Dnyr85

Starter
Sean Hickey@HickeyCuse60
Everything changes. Everything. Have to redo everything that I have worked for the past three years... I'm not happy. #shocked

I am expecting a lot of this today, and I will be real worried about the recruits at this point. Worst timing for this to happen for sure.

Sean Hickey@HickeyCuse60
Everything changes. Everything. Have to redo everything that I have worked for the past three years... I'm not happy. #shocked

I am expecting a lot of this today, and I will be real worried about the recruits at this point. Worst timing for this to happen for sure.

I don't know how you can say worst timing. No matter what, a head coach change is going to send ripples.

lol whats a college age male doing up so early on a sunday morning..lol JK

I don't know how you can say worst timing. No matter what, a head coach change is going to send ripples.

I agree any change will send ripples. I am just speaking in terms that the recruiting season is still very much active. I guess I am just a nervous nelly right now.

It is going to important for someone on the team to step up and provide leadership. My guess is Jerome Smith. This sucks for the players but their goal is to get to the NFL too.

maybe this pushes some of the junior eligable players like Jerome to the next level , who knows

Justin Pugh@JustinPugh67
I will be tweeting my opinion and advice for the direction I think is best for the team later. Too early to make program changing decisions
I tweeted him back, because that's exactly the right attitude to take. It's important to take steps forward, but not make rash and drastic, emotion fueled decisions that will lead to serious regret down the line.

You feel awful for zach Allen. Kid was so appreciative of su's support and he was pumped to learn under marrone and Hackett. He was all set to enroll early too. What's he gonna o with his semester now.

maybe this pushes some of the junior eligable players like Jerome to the next level , who knows

Next level of what?

3 years from now people will be asking -bologna who?

this will be better for the kids and the program-

Recruits too. This class is going to be pillaged assuming we can't keep the remainder of the staff. Pillaged.

Malik Brown @brownmalik99
Just woke up to the worst news ever

You have to be scared that all of this could turn out ala Ray Rice. In where he rescinded on his commitment to Syracuse after Coach P was fired. The University needs to do something to hold these recruits in place.

You have to be scared that all of this could turn out ala Ray Rice. In where he rescinded on his commitment to Syracuse after Coach P was fired. The University needs to do something to hold these recruits in place.

No question. The Rutgers board is already talking about what they do best -- poaching. Somebody lock up Gus Edwards for the next month.

You feel awful for zach Allen. Kid was so appreciative of su's support and he was pumped to learn under marrone and Hackett. He was all set to enroll early too. What's he gonna o with his semester now.

Has he said he's backing off yet?

I hope people are on the phone to recruits right now. Hackett or someone had better have called Zach by now to reassure him.

Sugar Bear and Donte Davis have both tweeted about this as well, the general sentiment being "wow" and "shocked." Sugar Bear mentioned how this is a business.

I hope people are on the phone to recruits right now. Hackett or someone had better have called Zach by now to reassure him.

Sugar Bear and Donte Davis have both tweeted about this as well, the general sentiment being "wow" and "shocked." Sugar Bear mentioned how this is a business.

Sure it wasn't his dad?

No question. The Rutgers board is already talking about what they do best -- poaching. Somebody lock up Gus Edwards for the next month.

Sure, why not. It's a business. And don't forget a year ago plenty of people here were saying the same thing about their recruits.

I have to wonder how you spin this one to the recruits. After the paper published the story of how they were reassuring all the recruits that the interviews were just "rumors". With these so called "rumors" being true. This makes Hackett or anyone else making these statements look like asses!

I'd really hate to see some of the players that have flourished at SU under Marrone leave the program, not too concerned about the recruits...there are some very good players on the roster that I'd be more concerned about leaving

Yeah, I forgot about how they straight up told Allen these were just rumors. They straight up lied to our most important recruit.

It makes you wonder what Marrone actually told his staff.

I have to wonder how you spin this one to the recruits. After the paper published the story of how they were reassuring all the recruits that the interviews were just "rumors". With these so called "rumors" being true. This makes Hackett or anyone else making these statements look like asses!

I'm gonna hit someone if we start losing commits to buttgers