players/families who took Adidas money | Syracusefan.com

players/families who took Adidas money

stuckinbig11

All American
Not much mention of the consequences. Will they be banned from NCAA play?

Have a feeling that the NCAA is so far behind on this that their investigations will not be complete for years no matter how in depth the FBI is going with this. Have a feeling a LOT of self reporting and self post season bans are going to happen this year and for the next few.

Have a feeling that the NCAA is so far behind on this that their investigations will not be complete for years no matter how in depth the FBI is going with this. Have a feeling a LOT of self reporting and self post season bans are going to happen this year and for the next few.

They just finished up the CCNY investigation a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

If I'm running a program at any school, I'm having quiet discussions with every player and assistant coach right now. It'd be hell to make the sweet 16 or something and then have the FBI announce they have a wiretap showing that Player-12 took a payment and NCAA retroactively makes that player ineligible.

I was actually thinking about that earlier today. It always takes the NCAA forever to complete their investigations, so I don't see how they can investigate this and declare players ineligible before the start of the season. I think you're right - schools will self-penalize (self - HAH! - they're penalizing the kids, although they are probably not totally innocent in this, depending on the individual case) and now allow kids to play to avoid having wins vacated later.

I do think you will see many schools (I don't think the list is complete yet) self-impose a ban on the tournament this year (among other self-imposed penalties) in an attempt to stave off harsher penalties down the road.

Piss them off and the NCAA will strip your past wins so fast it’ll make your head spin. That’ll show em!

If I'm running a program at any school, I'm having quiet discussions with every player and assistant coach right now. It'd be hell to make the sweet 16 or something and then have the FBI announce they have a wiretap showing that Player-12 took a payment and NCAA retroactively makes that player ineligible.
Lights are going to blazing late at the assistants offices and shoe companies. Shredders on overload.

LVille already announced that "a player" (Brian Bowen) is being suspended from all NCAA activities.
Yup, would think it's wait a year to go pro or go overseas for a year for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom