Players having fun? | Syracusefan.com

Players having fun?

Alcuse01

Scout Team
My lone observation from Saturday (outside of the obvious) was that the players did Not seem to be enjoying the game while on the sidelines. I know the outcome was close, and Marrone runs a tight ship, but it really did not seem like college kids. This was my first game I was able to get to this season, but I really took notice of this. Maybe he needs to lighten up a little and let them enjoy it. Maybe then everything will start to relax and start to flow...??

My lone observation from Saturday (outside of the obvious) was that the players did Not seem to be enjoying the game while on the sidelines. I know the outcome was close, and Marrone runs a tight ship, but it really did not seem like college kids. This was my first game I was able to get to this season, but I really took notice of this. Maybe he needs to lighten up a little and let them enjoy it. Maybe then everything will start to relax and start to flow...??

The NFL approach seems to be wearing everyone out, the season has turned into a complete grind for everyone. I didn't have much fun watching the game either, it was like going for a run where you were waiting for a knee to blow out or something, at the end it didn't but you felt it could at any point

What should a team look like when it's loose? Would laughing a lot on the sidelines be a good thing?

What should a team look like when it's loose? Would laughing a lot on the sidelines be a good thing?

Looks like kids enjoying being on the football field, staying loose and positive, very high energy, coaches teaching and encouraging kids on every play kids on the sideline into every play as opposed to having a ton of side conversations, 2nd / 3rd teamers into the game as if they could be in on the next play. You knowit when you see it and when you don't and makes a big difference. It doesn't look like a bunch of robots on the sidelines, I have no idea what the team looked like versus Tulane, I sit a few rows behind the SU bench in the dome and the team has always been pretty fired up on the sideline. I tend to understand how the Tulane atmosphere can put any team to sleep

maybe they felt weird in an empty dome. worried everyone would be able to hear whatever they say. i wish i went - the sheer vast emptiness is a heckler's dream

Playing in front of 217 parents and relatives can take a lot of football spirit away from you.

This actually makes me feel better about Saturday. If the players were fired up and energetic and still nearly lost to Tulane, then I'd be really worried.

Does anyone have a photo of the one Tulane fan behind the goal post trying to distract Krautman during the winning kick? That cracked me up.

I don't know, they looked pretty loose and positive through 20 minutes. Maybe they weren't enjoying the way they were playing??? Do you want them to be on the sideline high-fiving and doing stand-up as they were going 3 and out for eternity and getting beaten deep left and right?

I talked to Harris and Lynch after the game, they seemed to be loose and in good spirits. Dan Conley was all business trying to herd the players back to the locker room.

Chandler Jones was bouncing up and down the sideline encourging his teamates all game. Good to see. I did notice a knee brace...not sure if that is something he has worn in the past or not. Looked ready to go.

Thank god we only have a little more then a week of posts like this.

I think the team is fine. I've only been to the Tulane game, but the sideline guys seemed into the game. Every game has been close, so I expect them to serious. They play hard in my opinion. I think the bye week will do wonders.

I don't know, they looked pretty loose and positive through 20 minutes. Maybe they weren't enjoying the way they were playing??? Do you want them to be on the sideline high-fiving and doing stand-up as they were going 3 and out for eternity and getting beaten deep left and right?

Yeah that's exactly what I want... give me a break. What I'm talking about is seeing the team into it. Seeing guys yelling their teammates on, or having conversations with their teammates about hanging in there, etc... .Especially when they are going 3 and out and starting to lose the lead. And Especially when they are driving for the win. Emotion.

I think we had to many years of players having a good time on the sidelines under Greg Robinson. I don't want to go back to a practice optional football team. Marrone is doing just fine and this team needs to learn how to be serious.

I think we had to many years of players having a good time on the sidelines under Greg Robinson. I don't want to go back to a practice optional football team. Marrone is doing just fine and this team needs to learn how to be serious.

Really? Practice was optional and it was good times on the sidelines?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom