Players Returning Next Year | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Players Returning Next Year

Probably I don't love his coaching more of the recruits he brought here. We need a high level recruiter he was that but don't know if he is still that.

When was Gerry ever a "high level recruiter"? I must have been sleeping.
We have been nowhere near Hopkins level of recruiting since he left.

Well...it's not that they are "bench players". It's that they aren't guaranteed starters. They both need to improve a lot to be starters on a tourney level team and...ftr, I hope they do come back and improve...and I hope we get guys to challenge them for the starting spots.

Now I also realize that prob isnt reality in 2024 college basketball

My guess is Bell would bounce for sure. Not 100% sure on what Copeland would do. I imagine he thinks he is getting Mintz job so he could leave to be a starter someplace else.

When was Gerry ever a "high level recruiter"? I must have been sleeping.
We have been nowhere near Hopkins level of recruiting since he left.

I was referencing HOP

GMac and Griff haven’t been coaches for just a year. This is the same staff as JB, they just moved one seat over. We know their capabilities. Changes need to be made.
Disagree all you want, but I think the AD has separated all of these guys from the JB era. Next year is the year they need to show progress.

The NBA will tell JJ to improve his handle, improve your three point shooting, pass to your teammates and try to learn how to guard a chair. He has a long way to go. I’m not sure if he will beat out Moore next year. He also lacks some toughness. Other than this, he’s ready for the NBA.

I think Freeman is more of a 3 than Brown is a 5 if that makes sense.
Freeman is a starter though right? And I can’t possibly see our current best player not starting.

Red needs to have tough conversations with Bell and Copeland and tell them they will be bench players next year and if they can't deal with it they should leave as well...
Ridiculous and stupid both are sophomores who are quickly improving in all facets. Brutal game from Cope but he was chasing and we were down a lot. Bell is one of the best pure shooters in the country and looks ready to take the next step in other areas.

Both need to grow up but not playing with Mintz who is by far the worst offender for on court behavior, whining about calls, tantrums is a start.

Both will have much better options behind them though that is for sure. Bell competed with Benny and Taylor for minutes this year that is going to change. Westry will be in for Copeland first bad turnover.

Judah had a crappy answer in the press conference. He said he had a new “head on the snake” this year and it was difficult at times. The kid is uncoachable and just doesn’t know how to play within a team concept.
Looked down, never picked up his face, kind of mumbled, he gone

If Brown is our best player to start the season next year then we are in more trouble than I think we are.
He may not be… next year. He is now. He’s clearly a starting player though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom