Players who backed out of their committment | Syracusefan.com

Players who backed out of their committment

CsonkaStash

Starter
Just Figured I start a thread so we can compile a list of players who backed out and maybe rank them. I'll start

Darius Bazley

As if I didn't need to be more depressed after a loss to Pitt.
Right...sorry I just wanted to go throw the list of all the players we could have had. Sports been depressing lately

Julius Hodge, Tobias Harris, Kamari Lands

Ok, not sure on the first two ...

Kenny Anderson
chevrolet-corvette-c4-coupe-1990-277358.jpg

Chris Smith recently said he either committed or was going to commit prior to choosing UConn.

Chris Smith recently said he either committed or was going to commit prior to choosing UConn.
He was a good player. I didn’t know he had interest in Syracuse. We all know how we should have landed Kenny Anderson, but dare I say, should we have had Chris Smith, we would have won the National Championship in 1990.

Donyell Marshall? Wasn't he a verbal until we went on probation #1 and Calhoun stole him by convincing him if he went to SU he would never play in an NCAA tournament?

There’s always the SU is my dream school guys. Doron Lamb comes to mind. Jordan Tucker, as well. Maybe Briscoe too? I know Isaiah Washington who ended up at Minny/Iona, always wanted the cuse offer. Sounds crazy, but could have used the NYC toughness. Things could have played out differently for the kid given an opportunity from us.

Last edited:
Winfred Walton? Dayshawn Wright? Mike Jones? Ish…

Walton and Wright didn’t decommit. Walton didn’t qualify and Wright played a season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom