Playmakers | Syracusefan.com

Playmakers

longislandcuse

Living Legend
We can hate how our offense looked as far as communication, the QB, slow as molasses no-huddle but if you watched the Clemson/Georgia game you saw the play calling was pretty close to the type of plays we ran. Lots of shotgun runs up the middle, bubble screens, swing passes sprinkled in with some deep throws. Difference between us and Penn States offense was Allen Robinson. Clemson has Boyd and Watkins.

I don't mind the plays we run but throwing on first down once in a while is a start. You have to think communication and rhythm will get better because honestly I don't see how it could be any worse than that train wreck we witnessed yesterday.

This leads to playmakers. I think or WRs will be ok once the offense gets some semblance of an idea but as far as playmakers go the only ones I see are Jerome Smith, George Morris and Ashton Broyld. Beckett Wales is a nice TE who can make some plays once our offense realizes you are allowed to throw to the middle of the field. IMO, PTG is a third down back.

Bottom line is our offense isn't much different from those being run around the country. Some have QBs that can make all the throws, some have mobile QBs to mask throwing inefficiency. The defense is legit. If our offense gets it together, this could be a fun year. It starts with feeding our playmakers the ball.

I remember one throw to the middle that was intercepted.

I remember one throw to the middle that was intercepted.
And that was awful but it doesn't mean we never throw to the middle of the field. Aaron Murray had the same kind of int last night in a throw over the middle against Clemson. It happens but I've never seen an offense that completely neglects the middle of the field and only throws bombs, deep sideline outs and bubble screens.

That performance was on the coaching staff, there is enough talent on this team to produce... Qb position aside, there are playmakers, where was Wales?

The staff needs to establish an identity and go with it. That ain't going to get it done

We shall see in the next 3 weeks what this staff can do. I don't wAnt to hear playmakers versus Wagner and tulane

Here's a playmaker lineup for you:
Kobena, Clark, Broyld, Estime and Morris all in on the same play...

I don't see anyone on our offense that a defense has to especially scheme for. I always felt that Maronne and Hackett could out-scheme our opponents. We didn't always win, but I felt confident they would put a great game plan together. With that said, all the talent still appears to be on defense. I still don't see any playmakers and that is where Maronne couldn't get the job done. He never recruited a big time quarterback or receiver.

I don't see anyone on our offense that a defense has to especially scheme for. I always felt that Maronne and Hackett could out-scheme our opponents. We didn't always win, but I felt confident they would put a great game plan together. With that said, all the talent still appears to be on defense. I still don't see any playmakers and that is where Maronne couldn't get the job done. He never recruited a big time quarterback or receiver.
Jerome Smith and George Morris are talents at RB, no doubt. Kobena is a burner who gives us a deep threat and Broyld is absolutely a playmaker that teams would have to scheme for if we could get him the ball, just look at him juke out 2 Penn State defenders on a screen to go 8 yards for a first down.

That performance was on the coaching staff, there is enough talent on this team to produce... Qb position aside, there are playmakers, where was Wales?

The staff needs to establish an identity and go with it. That ain't going to get it done

We shall see in the next 3 weeks what this staff can do. I don't wAnt to hear playmakers versus Wagner and tulane

Agree with the notion that this team needs to find its identity. Even last year, it took SU a couple of games to get that done. I suspect the coaches are not sure what they have yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom