Playoffs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Playoffs

I think they wanted to send a message that weren't thrilled about having to.take Cincy.so they put them 4th.
Yeah I think they want Bama to take them to the woodshed so they can justify leaving G5 teams out. Meanwhile Notre Dame, Oklahoma etc have gotten trashed when we they have made it in

I Soooooo want Cinci to beat 'bama. Unlikely, but that would be fantastic. Heck. I'd rather Michigan beat Georgia to get the SEC right out of it.

I want Cinci to beat up Saban so bad, that he needs to collect some of that AFLAC.

Last edited:
Not does it matter but how did Houston get beaten easily and move up in the Top 25? They should have fallen out IMO. Also how did Baylor not jump Ohio State or even Notre Dame? They were a conference champ.

Michigan is not going to run over Georgia. Their defensive line is very good. Mistakes could be the difference.
Good point about mistakes and turnovers.

Yesterday Georgia moved the ball against Bama's defense, but they scored just 24 points which is 16 below their season points average. One reason for the lower point total yesterday is that throughout the season Georgia's defense accounted for points whether it was points-off-turnovers, getting off the field consistently and thus wearing down opposing defenses, or winning the field-position battle. This Georgia defense usually helps the Georgia offense, but yesterday Bama had zero turnovers, Bama was 7-14 on 3rd downs, and field position was never really an issue for Bama while Georgia had zero sacks in the game.

I thought it was interesting yesterday when we heard Gary Danielson say that when he spoke with Kirby Smart before the SEC Championship game Smart mentioned that the Georgia defense is good but the back-end is possibly not as strong. Smart probably said that knowing he was going against Bama and Bryce Young who is special. But when you look at Iowa's defense you see a defense whose backend produced a ridiculous number of interceptions this year. Iowa won several games because their back-end made key picks, and their defense did that all season long. Yes, the Iowa defense is less talented than Georgia's defense, and the Georgia defense is better than Iowa's D. But the Iowa D is one of the best defenses in the country, and facing the Iowa D yesterday was a good tune-up for Michigan's offense in many ways moving forward and facing Georgia.

How many points will Georgia score against Michigan? How many turnovers will there be? Will Michigan be able to mix it up on offense? Some of the key questions.

Not does it matter but how did Houston get beaten easily and move up in the Top 25? They should have fallen out IMO. Also how did Baylor not jump Ohio State or even Notre Dame? They were a conference champ.
they lost to a bad tcu team

If Alabama plays like they did last night everyone else can go home.

I’m excited about the CFP for the first time in years but I already know I’ll be lucky if I watch an hour of the semis. They gotta stop playing these games on NYE.

I always root for northern teams over southern teams but I fear Cincy is going to get embarrassed against GA.

Got to Roll with the Tide, Saban and St Doug both Syracuse connected. Roll Tide.

They gotta stop playing these games on NYE.
There was once a time in my life where I loved being immersed in NYE Amateur Hour. But these days the thought of chilling at home with 7 hours of football is pretty much the best thing ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom