please have schedule finalized | Syracusefan.com

please have schedule finalized

IHeartSUFball

All Conference
get another team in BE or something, this is worst dead time of the year...need new information new something it horrible right now... we our 4 weeks away from practice and that is pretty neat...however I want this schedule done to see whats up...:bang:

Marinatto has to try to get Boise or Memphis for 2012 or else the Big East would need a waiver for 2012 because they would only have 7 schools in the conference. I believe Boise State will be in the Big East for next year and the Big East will use 8 million of the WVU 20 million and buy them out of the MWC. Get ready for the smurf turf next year, but if Boise isn't in the Big East next year I expect a low level I-A Sun Belt or MAC school and @Florida State to be the last 2 games.

Marinatto has to try to get Boise or Memphis for 2012 or else the Big East would need a waiver for 2012 because they would only have 7 schools in the conference. I believe Boise State will be in the Big East for next year and the Big East will use 8 million of the WVU 20 million and buy them out of the MWC. Get ready for the smurf turf next year, but if Boise isn't in the Big East next year I expect a low level I-A Sun Belt or MAC school and @Florida State to be the last 2 games.
I think Boise was all set to set BE play in football in 2012, playing in the WAC for all other sports, but the proposed merger between CUSA and MWC is destablizing the WAC. They might not have a home for all other sports because of this. Huge issue for them. Maybe Temple gets in because they are the only ones willing to join immediately. But wait, Villanova is in the corner, holding her breath and won't stop until we stop talking about Temple!

The Big East. Bigger and more dysfunctional than ever.

Only teams needing a game, from outside the Big East, are:
Florida State (1 home)
Nebraska (1 most likely home as they only have 6 home games and have not scheduled a 1-aa)
North Texas (1 home as they only have 4 home games and have not scheduled 1-aa)
Missouri (2: currently have 5 home games and have not scheduled 1-aa yet)

All Big East members need at least 1 more game, and some need 2 (us, Cincy and Pitt). Even if the Big East does bring in one Mountain West or Conference USA team, there will be 3 teams competing for most likely 2 games. Someone is scheduling 2 1-aas. I can see Pitt playing Florida State as they do not have a game for 9/8.

EDIT: forgot about the teams playing @Hawaii, though I believe those schools will want a home game for their last one, assuming that the Big East does not bring in Boise, then:
Boise State (most likely try to fill 9/8 open spot and could see this going to Cincy who also has same date open)
Hawaii
Nevada (they have 9/22 open, though looking at past schedules for years @Hawaii, they play an OOC in November also)

Looks like GT doesn't have any qualms about playing Middle Tenn.

CLEMSON -- Clemson announced its non-conference football schedule for 2012 but is still waiting on the Atlantic Coast Conference to release the remainder of the schedule.
Additional coverage
Clemson Tigers

Clemson opens its season versus Auburn on Sept. 1 in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta as part of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic. It is the site of Clemson's forgettable 2008 season-opening loss to Alabama.
Clemson plays its first home game Sept. 8, hosting Ball State from the Mid American Conference.
Clemson hosts Furman on Sept. 15, and South Carolina on Nov. 24.
No ACC conference dates have been announced. The ACC's scheduling process has been held up by what the conference calls "a number of unusual circumstances."
The schedule was expected to be released earlier this month. Several analysts believe the process is being held up by Florida State, which is trying to replace West Virginia on its schedule. Georgia Tech completed its non-conference schedule last week by adding Middle Tennessee and BYU.

get another team in BE or something, this is worst dead time of the year...need new information new something it horrible right now... we our 4 weeks away from practice and that is pretty neat...however I want this schedule done to see whats up...:bang:
get a grip..(n)

cant i've been pacing all day, breaking into a sweat...wondering who are last 2 games will be couchburn

if boise joined this year and we played them then ended up adding fsu...yikes.

Only teams needing a game, from outside the Big East, are:
Florida State (1 home)
Nebraska (1 most likely home as they only have 6 home games and have not scheduled a 1-aa)
North Texas (1 home as they only have 4 home games and have not scheduled 1-aa)
Missouri (2: currently have 5 home games and have not scheduled 1-aa yet)

All Big East members need at least 1 more game, and some need 2 (us, Cincy and Pitt). Even if the Big East does bring in one Mountain West or Conference USA team, there will be 3 teams competing for most likely 2 games. Someone is scheduling 2 1-aas. I can see Pitt playing Florida State as they do not have a game for 9/8.

EDIT: forgot about the teams playing @Hawaii, though I believe those schools will want a home game for their last one, assuming that the Big East does not bring in Boise, then:
Boise State (most likely try to fill 9/8 open spot and could see this going to Cincy who also has same date open)
Hawaii
Nevada (they have 9/22 open, though looking at past schedules for years @Hawaii, they play an OOC in November also)

ive heard that it will be either FSU, missouri, or Oklahoma

if boise joined this year and we played them then ended up adding fsu...yikes.
Since both would be on the road (assuming BSU were to assume WVU's schedule), this would appear to be a non-starter. Syracuse needs to schedule another FBS home game.

ive heard that it will be either FSU, missouri, or Oklahoma
Last time I looked, Mizzou still needed twou (yes, that was intentional). If so then we could see the Tigers at the Dome on October 20th, with a return in 2014.

FWIW, John Kinder tweeted USC and Oklahoma. Something along the lines of, "USC and Oklahoma next year it's on!"

FWIW, John Kinder tweeted USC and Oklahoma. Something along the lines of, "USC and Oklahoma next year it's on!"
Yikes. Bold talk from the 8th string QB.

jurie your going to say that and we dont hear anything else from anybody...your killing me here

There are a lot of aspects to this. It's a lot more complicated than most here realize. Simply stating "We should play X" is silly.

I've heard from several sources about options that are being investigated. Suggestions have also been made to those that matter.

I'm on the record as stating that if Syracuse is still in need of two games that I would expect to see a game against an ACC opponent this fall. I say that because there are some viable options to do so and because I suspect that the ACC may apply some pressure on its members to assist Syracuse & Pitt if possible.

Some things to keep in mind:

1. once a school publishes a schedule it becomes tougher to make changes (note that the ACC and its membership have delayed publishing their schedules)
2. just because an ACC program is willing to help out, it may also require the assistance of another program
3. the coaches at these programs may be on the hot seat and may resist making their schedule more difficult
4. there may be TV implications involving multiple networks

In the end, it requires many partners who want to work together.

The TCU & WVU departures have really made for challenging times for all remaining BE programs. Don't expect the resulting schedules to be as attractive as most would like. Things look a lot brighter in the future.

I would go to Missouri next year and basically wash that with @ WVU game if the Mizzou will come to the Dome for 2013-2014. If that happened let Pittsburgh go down and @ FSU instead of us and schedule the 12th game for whatever low I-A school Dr. Gross could get.

To be honest, I think West Virginia has burned all the bridges they possibly could with SU, maybe even Pitt. They screwed the Big East teams, especially SU and Pitt. I don't see Gross entertaining any sort of propositions about an SU-WVU game (at least not with Luck as the AD).