Please, let's get the f*** out of this craphole | Syracusefan.com

Please, let's get the f*** out of this craphole

SU2NASA

All American
I'm checking this and the Pitt board seems like every 30 minutes hoping to hear that WVU's deal has been finalized and we're looking to get out too.

Playing Rutgers twice? And one away and the other they want to play at Yankee Stadium? That means five home games with one opening left.

No, we need to get the hell out of here. What a disaster.

If WVU is only paying 11.5 M to get out of the agreement then SU and Pitt have to follow suit. I wanted to leave with class, but the Big East leadership is awful and has shown that it will survive as long as it can to protect Providence College Basketball. The fact that WVU has basically shown the bylaws can be broken gives SU lawyers the blueprint to follow. The only difference between WVU and Pitt/SU is that our acceptance into the ACC wasn't conditional on us being in the conference for 2012 like WVU's offer. With that said if the Big East can't enforce its bylaws on WVU good luck doing it to SU/Pitt. The fact the basketball onlies fanbases are criticizing us like St. John's and Georgetown only enbolden's my position to leave early and now. I will MSG and the BET, but we can play in MSG against almost anybody like Duke does and we can play in Philly against LaSalle, Temple, or St. Joe's if we need a game there. The move will be tough on football for next year but I would give Marrone a 1 yr extension if we play ACC football for 2012. Enough is enough and its time for a change. Rutgers twice? How about the fact there will be 7 football members 1 school will have to play 2 BE teams? H/H?

What a cluster ##@ the BigEast has become. Need out fast !!!

Well, nowhere to go at the moment. ACC schedules are locked.

I can't wait for

1. SU to be in the ACC
2. The B12 to get their new TV deal

Until then there will be conference expansion chaos.

Well, nowhere to go at the moment. ACC schedules are locked.

They're not. The ACC has two schedules and is waiting for the dust to clear before announcing one.

I can't wait for 15-20 years from now for the next realignment, we will end up back where we started

I talked to someone who would DEFINITELY know about next year and was assured that there is still a possibility of playing in the ACC but the window is definitely closing, I kind of got the impression it's days not weeks

I talked to someone who would DEFINITELY know about next year and was assured that there is still a possibility of playing in the ACC but the window is definitely closing, I kind of got the impression it's days not weeks

you talked to tgd?

I'd guess a week from tomorrow or the 15th.

I suspect the key is to get (some of) the C-USA members to make the move in 2012 as well. If C-USA still has 9 members left and they're handsomely reimbursed for their missing championship game revenue then it could still happen.

It's in the best interest of all concerned to move on.

I can't wait for 15-20 years from now for the next realignment, we will end up back where we started

Won't be an NCAA at that point. At least not one that's controlling college football.