PLEASE READ: Trying to raise $$ for Jim and Juli Foundation | Syracusefan.com

PLEASE READ: Trying to raise $$ for Jim and Juli Foundation

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
Recently I bought a pair of sneakers off eBay: Nike Be True To Your School Syracuse high-tops. The posting listed the shoes as size 11. However, I was sent size 10.5, which are too small for me. The seller refunded my money and said I could keep the shoes.

When they were released a little over a year ago, they retailed at $120. I am looking to auction them to somebody on this board, and will donate 100% of the proceeds to the Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation in the name of Kelly Lavalle Seubert.

These shoes are brand new in the box and have never been worn. Pictures of these shoes (taken from the internet) are below. They are similar to what Pearl Washington wore at SU, but I believe he wore low-tops; the sneakers I am offering are high tops.

The terms:
-These shoes are brand new, in the box, never worn.
-Size 10.5 US (men)
-Trying to raise the highest amount of money possible, so please inbox me with your offer. Highest offer by September 1 at 10am ET wins the shoes.
-Buyer pays for shipping box and postage.
-I will give 100% of the winning bid to the Boeheim Foundation.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

upload_2017-8-22_9-36-25.jpeg
upload_2017-8-22_9-36-34.jpeg
upload_2017-8-22_9-36-47.jpeg
upload_2017-8-22_9-36-54.jpeg
images

What a nice idea, Gregg. Too bad they are several sizes too large for me.

Is there any way to get those sneakers signed by some players from that era? Could drive the price up.

24 hours into it and no bids. I hope this works out.

Sneakers are my thing and I can tell you that you won't get much for them. These are in outlets for less than the MSRP. The refund you got would be better served as the donation if you really want to contribute something. If you managed to reach out to people in the basketball department to get the shoes signed, they'd fetch more than the $120 you paid.

Sneakers are my thing and I can tell you that you won't get much for them. These are in outlets for less than the MSRP. The refund you got would be better served as the donation if you really want to contribute something. If you managed to reach out to people in the basketball department to get the shoes signed, they'd fetch more than the $120 you paid.

Maybe, but I'm in NYC, so sending them to SU to get signed and having them send them back is probably more hassle than it's worth. Worst case scenario, I will just donate the refund to the charity.

Maybe, but I'm in NYC, so sending them to SU to get signed and having them send them back is probably more hassle than it's worth. Worst case scenario, I will just donate the refund to the charity.

SU basketball cannot donate things (even signatures) unless they know who the "end recipient" will be. It has to do with potential recruiting violations. I tried to get some SU basketball tix at an MSG game for a charity auction. And it turned out to be too much hassle because there was no way of guaranteeing that the "end recipient" would not be a potential recruit. (Kelly Seubert, bless her soul, wasted far too much of her time trying to get approval to donate the tickets from SU compliance. No go).

Last edited:
SU basketball cannot donate things (even signatures) unless they know who the "end recipient" will be. It has to do with potential recruiting violations. I tried to get some SU basketball tix at an MSG game for a charity auction. And it turned out to be too much hassle because there was no way of guaranteeing that the "recipient" would not be a potential recruit. (Kelly Seubert, bless her soul, wasted far too much of her time trying to get approval to donate the tickets from SU compliance. No go).
Yikes, thank god for the NCAA. They are doing a fantastic job keeping college sports clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for having the auction Frozen.
The shoes will look good in the dome for this season!