Please somebody explain these actions ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Please somebody explain these actions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they don't feel valued or aren't happy, it wouldn't have made a difference.

It would have made them look really bad mass exiting the program off a F4 or NC.

This is a bball forum, so these decisions have to have a little something to do with bball.
You know I stopped reading this board for the most part 4 or so years ago largely bc of this silliness, and candidly you were the leader of that parade. I assumed then you were still in college but unless you were 12 back then you must get it now no? Are you honestly of the belief that you know enough to meaningfully weigh in on - and at times harshly criticize - decisions others make about what’s best for them during such a special and finite period of their lives? Sorry if that’s harsh but good lord - you’ll get it one day I promise you that.

Turning CR saying "Sweet Sixteen" into a drinking game sounds like fun, but I'd probably be in the hospital by this afternoon.
The guy deserves no crap honestly.
He is trying to maintain some semblance of positivity on here.
It is funny though how often s16 is mentioned.

If he stays off the culture wars he would be okay.

It would have made them look really bad mass exiting the program off a F4 or NC.

If you have a guy like Woody, for example, riding the bench all the way to the NC, and he knew what he was capable of, why would he waste his time at SU not playing? Look at BJ Johnson - didn't really get the minutes he thought he'd get, transferred down, played very well, and made the NBA. It's not about where you play, it's about what you do when you get there.

Kadary can play. He wasn't going to get the minutes he felt he deserved here. So he's leaving where he will be valued more.

You know the answer . Our future is headed to FSU . Time for someone to forced into retirement. The AD email and voicemail should be full right now

We know Braswell, JBA, and Kadary have left. Quincy is testing the draft.

Why would more guys leave. Why would Woody leave when he essentially takes Braswell minutes, Frank basically platoon with Edwards but more minutes. AG where is he going already transferred once and not in any mock draft land.

Also why are all these guys leaving coming off a Sweet 16 ? So if we went to the F4 or won the NC all these guys would still leave.

My point is why would guys continue to leave when playing time has opened up. Btw, to the people saying Jimmy Jr is coming here first that is probably true but he isn't here yet and bigger point none of those players should know he is.
They are not happy and feel as though they are not being treated fairly.

I have a hard time getting past we just went to the Sweet 16. Question would these guys still have left if we went to the F4 or won the NC ?

All of them can't be unhappy.
The ones who aren’t, will stay.

R u kidding me ? JB petty feud with Pat on his show. If that in anyway led to Kadary being unhappy. JB deserves 100 percent of the blame.
Jim might be the most thin-skinned adult I have ever seen. He loves to say how much he doesn't listen to the criticism, yet you can see and hear how much it truly bothers him. Did it lead to directly to on-court decisions? Who knows. But there is a very noticeable difference in the way he treats certain players publicly vs others. Just as the easy example, there were quite a few situations where JGIII deserved to be criticized but Jim never aired him out to the media. Kadary and "the forwards"? Never had a problem blowing them up.

We know Braswell, JBA, and Kadary have left. Quincy is testing the draft.

Why would more guys leave. Why would Woody leave when he essentially takes Braswell minutes, Frank basically platoon with Edwards but more minutes. AG where is he going already transferred once and not in any mock draft land.

Also why are all these guys leaving coming off a Sweet 16 ? So if we went to the F4 or won the NC all these guys would still leave.

My point is why would guys continue to leave when playing time has opened up. Btw, to the people saying Jimmy Jr is coming here first that is probably true but he isn't here yet and bigger point none of those players should know he is.sw

Why are you asking the same question over and over again in different threads and seemingly can't/won't accept their leaving?

Why would a sweet sixteen run cure all issues?

If we have another portal transfer again today are you going to ask why again tomorrow?

or why CDB or Marek won't return after a sweet sixteen appearance?

They leave because they can. In the past they had to weight that against a one year sit out, now they don't.

I keep hearing this. There is certainly loud unhappiness from 50> volume posters on these boards, yet 20,000 plus keep renewing season tickets.
We have a big fan base. People can be unhappy and still buy tickets because they enjoy going to games.

We have a big fan base. People can be unhappy and still buy tickets because they enjoy going to games.
My point is it’s dangerous to extrapolate. I believe it’s called confirmation bias or echo chamber.

well one reason is the impending transfer of Jimmy Boeheim into the program. That's 40 minutes that no one else will get.

It's been "impending" for what 4-6 months, or more. If it's going to happen why hasn't it? Or is it going to become a self fulfilling prophecy? SU needs more players so there is no choice but to put Jimmy on the roster. Don't say they've been told because there's no announcement yet. Obvious doesn't cut it. Heck it was "obvious" SU wasn't going to make the tournament but they did AND won 2 games. A lot of people were wrong for over a month.

Break this down. JBA is behind Edwards and Frank and JBA does not have PF skills. Braswell likely knows Benny Williams arrives with expectations to start; similar situation for Woody who might contribute at SF but won’t start. Kadary likely does not want to share significant PG minutes with JG regardless of who starts. The staff should be able to replace and even upgrade for any deportees other than Kadary. Big loss in Kadary’s case — otherwise, we will have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom