Plenty of opportunity left | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Plenty of opportunity left

I think BC should move up to D1; they already have a pretty good MCLA team. Florida St. and Virginia Tech are also having winning seasons.

Not very likely.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/2/28/4037716/boston-college-mens-lacrosse-brad-bates

In order for BC to add MLax, they would either have to add an additional Women's sport, or cut an existing Men's sport in order to remain in compliance with Title IX.

In the last 20+ years, Michigan is the only BCS school to add Men's Lacrosse. And in case you didn't notice, Michigan is flush with $$$.

BC gave up their D1 program a decade ago because of financing. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think the school with the best possibility of adding D-1 lax is Louisville. Not saying it will happen, but that 6th team has to come from somewhere, and L'ville is the best shot, IMO.

I think the school with the best possibility of adding D-1 lax is Louisville. Not saying it will happen, but that 6th team has to come from somewhere, and L'ville is the best shot, IMO.

Ga Tech probably is in the best shape of anyone with regard to Title IX because of its 75% male enrollment. Lax is now a HS championship sport in Ga. Still no guarantee that they'd reinstitute the team (they had one back in the late 20s/early 30s).

Not very likely.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013/2/28/4037716/boston-college-mens-lacrosse-brad-bates

In order for BC to add MLax, they would either have to add an additional Women's sport, or cut an existing Men's sport in order to remain in compliance with Title IX.

In the last 20+ years, Michigan is the only BCS school to add Men's Lacrosse. And in case you didn't notice, Michigan is flush with $$$.

BC gave up their D1 program a decade ago because of financing. I wouldn't hold my breath.

They should cut football.

If worse to comes worse the ACC could always add a VMI or Furman to get to 6 six teams. Would allow them to keep the AQ and have a guaranteed win on the schedule for the rest of the ACC schools.

Not very likely.

didn't Marquette add lax recently too?

didn't Marquette add lax recently too?

Marquette, High Point, Boston U, Furman, Monmouth, and Richmond have all recently added programs ... but none of them play BCS football.

Marquette, High Point, Boston U, Furman, Monmouth, and Richmond have all recently added programs ... but none of them play BCS football.

ah, ok, I see the distinction being made.

Ga Tech probably is in the best shape of anyone with regard to Title IX because of its 75% male enrollment. Lax is now a HS championship sport in Ga. Still no guarantee that they'd reinstitute the team (they had one back in the late 20s/early 30s).
Hah! GA Tech plays very few sports that SU does. No soccer, no lax, no field hockey.
I'd love to see the Yellow Jackets add all of those... starting with M&W lax.
As someone who likes to root on his alma mater's teams in person, it's quite disappointing.

I was going to mention Loyola as a candidate to replace the Terps but realized they don't have a BCS football team. It seems weird to have two powerhouse Maryland schools in the Big Ten and none in the Atlantic Coast Conference, but then again South Bend, Indiana isn't exactly overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. These days conference re-alignment doesn't make any geographic sense.. it's about the $$$ y'all.

Looks like teams in the ACC will be beating each other up for at-large bids for a few years to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom