Poetry in Moten | Syracusefan.com

Poetry in Moten

The Big East II might have got name in the divorce settlement but it isn't the Big East and never will be. It is a good league. Some years, really good. It might even be the best league in the country this year (there are a lot of mediocre teams out there).

But Big East II will never be the beast that the Big East was. And any records this league has should be for the Big East II. Period.

Don't know why this makes me mad. Good job Markus. You are dominating Creighton, DePaul, Butler, Xavier and the rest of the survivors very nicely.

The Big East II might have got name in the divorce settlement but it isn't the Big East and never will be. It is a good league. Some years, really good. It might even be the best league in the country this year (there are a lot of mediocre teams out there).

But Big East II will never be the beast that the Big East was. And any records this league has should be for the Big East II. Period.

Don't know why this makes me mad. Good job Markus. You are dominating Creighton, DePaul, Butler, Xavier and the rest of the survivors very nicely.

Agreed. It's clearly NOT the same thing.

Just like DC's rebounding record being "broken" by some random dude from Seton Hall (IIRC)??
vs. a bunch of basically mid-majors.

Moten only played 16 conference games a year. The NBE now plays 18.

Markus Howard seems like a really nice young man, and he came back for his senior season even though he probably could have been drafted last year.
Harongody from Notre Dame almost broke it but got injured iirc.

i duly note and appreciate markus howards appreciation. records are made to be broken and LOMO 's will one day too. glad he acknowledges the greatness of #21 lawrence moten. baseline assassin extraordinaire .

Actually, according to Orangehoops.org, Moten's teams all played 18 regular season games. But you could make that argument for our friend Chris Mullin whose teams only played 16 games.

Actually, according to Orangehoops.org, Moten's teams all played 18 regular season games. But you could make that argument for our friend Chris Mullin whose teams only played 16 games.

Did Mullin's coaching career at St Johns even last 16 games?

Nah, I think they switched to 18 games after 1991, right in time for his freshman year.

Still, something seems off about comparing this guy's scoring record to Moten's.

Congratulations to the kid. That said and even competition aside. He did it with 402 3 pt makes in his career so far and 548 FT makes vs 197 and 464 for Moten respectively. Those are overall totals of course but ratio wise similar I am sure in league play. Just goes to show what an incredible scorer Moten was.

Congratulations to the kid. That said and even competition aside. He did it with 402 3 pt makes in his career so far and 548 FT makes vs 197 and 464 for Moten respectively. Those are overall totals of course but ratio wise similar I am sure in league play. Just goes to show what an incredible scorer Moten was.

There’s only one Big East and it died shortly after CJ Fair mashed on Otto Porter and the ESPN 30 for 30 came out.

This new league is the A-10 On steroids.

6'5". Played forward more often than not. Couldn't shoot. Couldn't jump. Made over 48% of his field goals and scored 2,334 points.

Special, special basketball talent.

6'5". Played forward more often than not. Couldn't shoot. Couldn't jump. Made over 48% of his field goals and scored 2,334 points.

Special, special basketball talent.
Our smartest player ever. It is very unfortunate his career ended in such an uncharacteristic way. It is amazing he had the record for so long. For me, he still does.

#notmybigeast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom