Poetry | Syracusefan.com

Poetry

Got nothing Moten-specific, but this one has him making a million threes: Kinda goes south at the end, but there are some great offensive highlights.

uhhh that game... still painful to this day. *channeling my inner Marsh* eph Corey Beck, Scotty Thurmand and that over-hyped Corless Williamson...

Wow our defense was pretty poor looking back especially 3 point defense. We had some great offensive weapons that year. Such a tough loss. Nice seeing Michael Lloyd but this sure loss fired these guys up for 1996.

Got nothing Moten-specific, but this one has him making a million threes: Kinda goes south at the end, but there are some great offensive highlights.

Always loved both Wallace’s reaction and Boeheim’s reaction to that after JW’s steal and layup to tie the game.

He said he’s living here now. Anyone know what he is doing?

Anyone heading to the Hotel Syracuse?

He was a great player in a great era too.

Can I complain about something though? When we “retire” a jersey, every one in the rafters is styled after the Wallace, Moten, sims style and numeral font, regardless of which jersey they wore. That’s fine I guess, even though Melos looks weird for instance.

That said, the jersey they frame always mirrors the style of the day. Again not what they wore. The jersey in the frame, and the jersey in the rafters not only do not represent what they wore, but they don’t even match each other.

Call it petty, but it drives me bananas.

He was a great player in a great era too.

Can I complain about something though? When we “retire” a jersey, every one in the rafters is styled after the Wallace, Moten, sims style and numeral font, regardless of which jersey they wore. That’s fine I guess, even though Melos looks weird for instance.

That said, the jersey they frame always mirrors the style of the day. Again not what they wore. The jersey in the frame, and the jersey in the rafters not only do not represent what they wore, but they don’t even match each other.

Call it petty, but it drives me bananas.

Agreed.

I’m ok (sorta) with the retired ones being “generic SU jersey” because it might look weird with lots of different jersey varieties in a row up there.

But they absolutely should have a replica of the ACTUAL JERSEY the player wore in the framed presentation case.

That’s just weak/lazy not to do that, for such a special occasion.

Agreed.

I’m ok (sorta) with the retired ones being “generic SU jersey” because it might look weird with lots of different jersey varieties in a row up there.

But they absolutely should have a replica of the ACTUAL JERSEY the player wore in the framed presentation case.

That’s just weak/lazy not to do that, for such a special occasion.

Moten last played 23 years ago. I'm sure his old jersey was sold off at one of Kyle's garage sales. :cool:

He said he’s living here now. Anyone know what he is doing?
I thought I read he had a couple boys playing ball at JD (middle school?). His daughters looked to be in their early 20’s (maybe not) so he either had four kids spaced well apart, or he is on his second marriage. Got excited when I read about his sons.

His daughters were beautiful and very tall, although they did wear heels. Still tall.

I thought I read he had a couple boys playing ball at JD (middle school?). His daughters looked to be in their early 20’s (maybe not) so he either had four kids spaced well apart, or he is on his second marriage. Got excited when I read about his sons.

His daughters were beautiful and very tall, although they did wear heels. Still tall.

Frankly, they looked a lot better than Lawrence did. He has a good eye for beauty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom