Point about zone, but first...It only took me 15 years | Syracusefan.com

Point about zone, but first...It only took me 15 years

LAOrange

Starter
to make my 300th post. Yahoo!

This is it. We've only had three games of 6 points or less: St. Francis, St. John's and Miami. We've had three other tough matchups: Minnesota, Baylor and Boston College.
Villanova was supposed to be tough but we just played really well.
The common thread through all of these (except Baylor) is the opposing coach's familiarity with our zone. St. Francis - Braica used to be an Asst with St. Johns; Minnesota - Little Ricky worked for his Dad; Boston College - Coach was with Cornell for years.
What about Miami you ask. According to something I read yesterday, Larranega hired Bernie Fine to teach him zone.

Last edited:
that Nova game was tougher than the final score indicated. Nova made a couple of runs at us in the final 10 minutes; the game was within 3 at one point and was a 2 possession game with less than 4 to play. They missed their threes and we hit our FTs for the final margin, but the Cats definitely pushed the Orange for a lot of that game. So you can arguably add that to your list.

Moqui to the rescue. Thanks.
We better hope we don't get Old Big East in the first rounds of the NCAAs. Just our luck (and a scheduler's dream) to draw Georgetown or UConn in our bracket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom